Job Review
Consultant at Alfa
at Alfa

Day-to-day work varies hugely depending on the client and type of project you are on. But in general terms you will be part of a project team involved in discussing requirements with clients incorporating analysis of their business processes to understand what their business problem is. You also support the development of enhancements to fulfil these requirements and then the testing once enhancements are handed over to the client. Each and every day is different - responsibility is always shared around the project teams.
What are the main positives and negatives to your job?
The people here are great, if you have a question there will always be somebody around to help.
What qualifications and skills are needed to be great at this job?
The induction training you are given when you join CHP gives you everything you need to start your consultant career. When I joined the company, I joined with others from completely different degree disciplines. As long as you fit the basic requirements there are no other real requirements at all.
Describe the perfect person for this job
You need to be a team player and also be ready to learn all of the time. If you enjoy a work hard, play hard culture then this is a great place to be!
In what ways has the reality of your job differed from your prior expectations?
The role has involved a lot more travel than I expected when I joined - I am half way through a 12 month project in North Sweden which I wasn't expecting so early on.
What advice would you give to candidates applying for a similar role at this company
Just make sure you understand who the company are and what they do but other than that just show yourself as that is what the interviewers really want to see!
What hours do you actually work, on average? N/Ato N/A.
With the benefit of hindsight, would you choose to do this job again?
Probably
By submitting this form, you accept the Mollom privacy policy.
Career Sector:
Job Title:
Consultant
Average Rating:
8.5
4.3/5
Date of Review: 27th Jul 2010
up
120 users have voted this review useful.