AMV BBDO Reviews

Employer: AMV BBDO
Sector: Arts & Media
4.0/5 average employee rating (as reviewed by 41 people)

All of the below job reviews are anonymously written by graduates and apprentices working at AMV BBDO to provide you with a unique insight into working there.

6.6
3.3/5
The people.The stress.
6.6
3.3/5
Date added: 14th February 2017 by Anonymous
Amazing range of training. Expected to have an opinion that people will actually listen to. Every day is different. Daily access to a department full of interesting, intelligent people. Given responsibility/positions on projects that wouldn't necessarily be given to peers in other departments.Often feels isolated with unclear progression/knowing whether you're on track. Management can range from brilliant to poor, dependent on what account you're on. Lack of department feeling. Often feels like a loose collection of disparate individuals who aren't moving in same direction with shared objectives.
Junior Strategist
Strategy
8.4
4.2/5
Colleagues.Variance of workload.
4.5/5
Date added: 25th January 2017 by Anonymous
My colleagues, the agency I work for and the wider environment I work in. The work is also brilliantly busy with lots of trust and responsibility for a recent starter. I feel like I am looked after and yet allowed out into the wider business world of clients and internal stakeholders to find things out for myself and make mistakes. The training has been brilliant and there is a fantastic support culture. Nothing is too much effort and everyone is approachable and helpful. Can be very busy with lots of early responsibility at times adding to the pressure.
3.5/5
Date added: 25th January 2017 by Anonymous
You get to work with awesome people, and work on acclaimed, national brands, and play your part in producing amazing work, which you'll see back and can show your friends/family. AMV also have one of, if not the most well-respected graduate training programs in the industry, so whenever you choose to leave, you'll be well regarded wherever you apply.The hours can be long when you're working on major campaigns, so it's very much not a 9:30-5:30 job, but that's the case industry-wide. You also lose some of the benefits of working at a smaller agency, e.g. more tight-knit, everybody knows everybody etc., as it's a very large company by advertising standards.
7.2
3.6/5
Date added: 17th February 2016 by Anonymous
The training and opportunities for career development. You get to work on world class campaigns for brands that are household names. The agency is at the forefront of innovation and it feels like there's a lot of ambition, which makes it a really exciting place to work. The people and the company culture are fantastic. Everyone is so lovely and it feels like the agency really cares about you as an individual. Also did I mention AMV throws the best parties?! Because it is such a large agency sometimes there can be a lot of admin at junior level. It takes a while to be trusted with real responsibility.
7.8
3.9/5
Date added: 17th February 2016 by Anonymous
- The people, everyone is so friendly and happy to help. - AMV really look after you from the beginning. Life as a grad starts with some great training and introductions to all areas of the business. - It is an amazing creative atmosphere, there are always exciting new things going on and it's great to be a part of it.- My only complaint would be the salary.
Account Exec
4.5/5
Date added: 17th February 2016 by Anonymous
The people make the culture here great . The work is constantly exciting. Most surprisingly, I've yet to feel annoyed if I have to work late because what I'm doing is actually really interesting.
Date added: 17th February 2016 by Anonymous
Best things about AMV - The people - The culture - The free breakfast, snacks and booze! - The social activities that are frequently planned for the whole agency - We get a week off for Christmas/New Years when the office closes Best things about the job - You get to meet celebrities and work with really talented creativesWorst thing about the job - The pay is low. Although AMV pay well for an advertising agency - advertising is a relatively low paid grad career
8.7
4.4/5
Date added: 17th February 2016 by Anonymous
I get to work and have direct input with the biggest advertising campaigns for the year.Often long hours during campaign planning stages.