Anglian Water Reviews

Employer: Anglian Water
4.3
4.3/5 average employee rating (as reviewed by 38 people)

All of the below job reviews are anonymously written by graduates and apprentices working at Anglian Water to provide you with a unique insight into working there.

9.5
4.8/5
Date added: 19th February 2016 by Anonymous
It has to be the people. I work with highly motivated teams who have a genuine passion and enthusiasm for the work that they do. The working environment that is then a result of this people culture and working practice is great to be a part of. Having the opportunity to be involved in a fast paced environment where no two days or two customers are the same keeps me on my toes. Most importantly, I know that my ideas are listened to, valued and I can make a positive contribution not just to my department but also the wider business. There can be a lot of travelling at times to different office locations across the region but I wouldn't say that it puts me off my job. If anything, it's nice to get involved with teams from all different parts of the East of England and expand upon my learning in different settings in the office and onsite.
Developer Services
7.5
3.8/5
Date added: 15th February 2016 by Anonymous
The rotational placements enable us to gain an understanding of different areas of the business and how they work together. This then allows you to decide which areas to focus on in the future for your future career.Depending on the length of each placement, you can feel that, just as you've settled in you have to start a new placement.
Graduate management trainee
8.8
4.4/5
Date added: 15th February 2016 by Anonymous
Varied days. Lots of opportunities to move around the business. Teams are incredibly welcoming. Graduates are well respected. Small number of graduate so company really invests in your development. Support comes from lots of different levels within the business. Given your own projects to get involved in. Encouraged to use initiative and run with your ideas. Chance to move around the Anglia area.Small number of graduates, therefore not lots of people in the same situation as you. Company can suffer from problems associated with lots of large businesses. Might be a bad thing for some that you are encouraged to be geographically mobile.
Operations
8.1
4.1/5
Date added: 11th February 2016 by Anonymous
The company is extremely invested in its employees and is dedicated to their development. The best part about the graduate programme is the freedom to move around and experience each area of the business. You have to be very self motivated which can be hard to get used to at first.
Water Recycling Norfolk
7.2
3.6/5
Date added: 11th February 2016 by Anonymous
Scope of work that I can get involved in is huge - Anything including treatment process optimisation, financial planning, project management, customer engagement and project design.The industry is quite heavily regulated and process-heavy. It can be difficult to implement improvements without following a strict delivery route.
Water
7.9
Date added: 11th February 2016 by Anonymous
Since being at Anglian Water I have not come across one person who has not been willing to talk to me about what they do or help me with my projects. I enjoy being part of several different projects across the business, allowing me to engage and learn about different business units. Although I primarily work in the IT department, I have had the opportunity to experience working on site and meet the users of the technology we implement and maintain. I have also been given responsibilities and parts of projects to own which makes me feel valued and appreciated.As Anglian Water has a wide region sometimes travelling can take it's toll.
Information Services
7.7
3.9/5
Date added: 11th February 2016 by Anonymous
Lots of opportunities and get to work on a wide variety of projects. Everyone is always willing to share their knowledge and help out in anyway they can.Processes are sometimes slow to get anything moving or implemented.
Career Sector: Banking and Finance
Graduate Assistant Pricing Manager
Income and Tariffs
Date added: 20th January 2016 by Anonymous
Enjoy being part of a company which provides a vital service and is continually striving to improve the way it works. The placements available give you a chance to gain experience and skills in a wide range of business areas. The graduate community is really supportive and a great base for building up a network within the company. The training and development opportunities available are excellent. Anglian Water is a complex organisation and it can be challenging to understand how all the teams and business units fit together.
Date added: 20th January 2016 by Anonymous
There are lots of opportunities to spend time in different parts of the business, and working on various projects, which provides a broad understanding of how a water company operates. The people at Anglian Water are knowledgeable and very friendly. As a graduate we have a mentor who is there to offer advice and support. The Anglian region covers a large area, and therefore it is sometimes necessary to travel fairly long distances. However, I do enjoy visiting different sites.
Regulation
Date added: 18th January 2016 by Anonymous
Variability - you get to work in all the core business areas, which allows you to figure out which parts of the business you enjoy working in; there's a good balance between working in the office and spending time out on site; you get to learn a new process whilst also developing leadership/people management skills. Training available (and encouraged) to help your personal development. The placements are interesting and you get to learn about all elements of the water industry, as well as broader ideas/concepts about business and commerce. You also get to work with really fantastic people and expand your network. Good salary and other financial and non-financial benefits (e.g. pension scheme, healthcare, interest free loan, counselling service, etc.) The very best part is feeling like you have input into your own development. Managers are extremely approachable, supportive and want you to get the best out of the scheme.Early mornings. (Although you get to leave earlier than most too!) Quite a lot of travel around the region (though financial support, hire cars, etc. are available to help with this).
Generalist Graduate Management Trainee