Bakkavor Group Graduate Reviews

Employer: Bakkavor Group
3.5
3.5/5 average employee rating (as reviewed by 51 people)

All of the below job reviews are anonymously written by graduates working at Bakkavor Group to provide you with a unique insight into working there.

7.8
Date added: 07th April 2016 by Anonymous
1. Get put into a real job, with real responsibilities. 2. Get involved in wide variety of projects. 3. Knowing that once scheme is finished you will have a permanent job. 4. Get experience dealing with customers - not just sat at desk all day. 5. You get a mentor to help you - they also push you to develop further.
Career Sector: Buying and Selling
Career: Sales
7.4
3.7/5
Date added: 04th April 2016 by Anonymous
Company: The company is seen as the market leaders and the retailers first port of call for expertise Role: Exposure. As a AMS you get loads of exposure to retailers and are able to make a difference.Company: Expenses. it takes a really long time to get personal expenses back, therefore we are out of pocket for a while Role: Marketing is centrally based and therefore seeing the commercial/development teams in your category can be hard as Bakkavor sites are all over the country.
Career Sector: Arts & Media
Marketing Analyst
Desserts
8.2
4.1/5
Date added: 30th March 2016 by Anonymous
Opportunities for taking on projects and initiatives of my own are widespread and also encouraged with a lot of support on hand.There is very little downtime for any individual in the factory. You must be willing to work long hours and work hard for every one of those hours.
Materials Controller
Materials Planning
6.9
3.5/5
Date added: 30th March 2016 by Anonymous
The accelerated management scheme allows me to get lots of on and off the job training. The development scheme has regular culinary training days where we learn about food ingredients in depth; such as potato, grains/pulses, leaf, fruit and pastry. We get expert advice from talented chefs and senior managers within development which is great for networking within the company. I feel like I am valued in my team and I have settled in quickly. The opportunity to move around in the business, with 2 one year placements is great for my development, and it's a great way to travel around a bit after university.
AMS Development Technologist
Bakkavor Meals
6.1
3.1/5
Date added: 30th March 2016 by Anonymous
This job allows for a lot of opportunity to work across a wide variety of prepared food categories. It is great to be able to experience different factory environments and enables me to continuously gain knowledge of the food industry. We also attend culinary training days, which are good fun and a great way to learn and improve my knowledge of the role. The role does involve a fair bit of travelling.
AMS Development Technologist
7.7
Date added: 30th March 2016 by Anonymous
Given a lot of great opportunities to learn new skills to allow you to progress. Networking opportunities with retailers and the wider Bakkavor group. Training courses are readily available. Leaders in innovation.Can involve long hours at peak busy times of development.
Development technologist
New Product Development
7.8
Date added: 09th March 2016 by Anonymous
As an international AMS, I only work in UK for one year. However, the program is very well organized. I have rotations in the technical department over the whole year. I started as an QA (quality auditor). Working in the factory on a daily basis, I understand the essential things that need to be done to ensure food safety. Then I moved to Technical Service, where I got to know hundreds of raw materials, how to audit the suppliers and deal with the raised issues. I am currently working in Process and looking after trails for some new products. I've got good experience in communicating with the customer and make changes according to their requirements. So far, I have benefited a lot from this program and I really enjoy my job.
International Technical AMS
8.7
4.4/5
Date added: 03rd March 2016 by Anonymous
The people. The company has a very friendly ambiance with everyone having time for everyone else, whether they are senior management or production operative. They also have time for all the questions. Going in at graduate level means you have a lot of questions to ask and everyone is more than willing to talk things through with you. The role I undertake allows me to see a lot of extra tasks that are needed to be carried out and I am exposed to things that a lot of other technical roles would not enable me to be involved in. In some roles the hours can be very long so it is essential that you are flexible.
Projects Quality Auditor
Technical
6.9
3.5/5
Date added: 03rd March 2016 by Anonymous
Variety of job roles and placements. Also get funded and support to complete CIMA accounting qualification.
Career: Accountancy
Management Accountant
Finance
9.9
Date added: 02nd March 2016 by Anonymous
The people. The team I work with and the support I am given throughout my graduate scheme are brilliant.Difficult conversations. This is related to HR rather than Bakkavor but the job involves having difficult conversations around disciplinary, grievance and personal issues such as bereavement. I believe I find this difficult as I am new to the role but I am improving and developing each day with the help from my team.
HR Assistant