Balfour Beatty Graduate Reviews

Employer: Balfour Beatty
3.8
3.8/5 average employee rating (as reviewed by 221 people)

All of the below job reviews are anonymously written by graduates working at Balfour Beatty to provide you with a unique insight into working there.

Date added: 24th March 2016 by Anonymous
Great opportunities to be exposed to senior members of staff. Great opportunity to develop and grow towards professional accreditation. Vast amount of work to get engaged in.IT can be slow in dealing with requests, slowing down your work.
Living Places
9.4
4.7/5
Date added: 24th March 2016 by Anonymous
- Graduate programme and the training that is available. - Good salary. - Performance reviews to let you know how you are doing. - Support is always available. - Many different experts in the company that is beneficial to development.- Working more hours than your contract and not being paid for them.
Graduate Engineer
AWPR
8.9
4.5/5
Date added: 23rd March 2016 by Anonymous
Exposure to each discipline, progression and training.Inability to work overtime due to restrictions on working weekends.
Cumbria
9.5
4.8/5
Date added: 23rd March 2016 by Anonymous
Dynamic environment and constantly having to adapt to change. Makes me push the boundaries and helps in learning new skills.
Career: Accountancy
Cost Supervisor
Finance
8.3
4.2/5
Date added: 22nd March 2016 by Anonymous
Support and guidance provided by the people I work with is generally very good. People I work with on a regular basis clearly have a definite interest in my development.The company continually seems to suffer from a lack of ownership throughout the business, I'm generally referring to problems non project specific here. Whether that's IT, HR, Engineering you name it there's a mindset that seems to be en-grained to pass things along the chain. Example: Try and get some free software such as Sketchup installed and some protocol says IT person can't install it, so instead of providing answers or work around there's a tendency to pass the blame onto some greater being that we wouldn't dare challenge.
Structural Engineering
7.1
3.6/5
Date added: 16th March 2016 by Anonymous
The training available to staff.The lack of communication from HR.
7.6
3.8/5
Date added: 15th March 2016 by Anonymous
Graduate Development Programme and opportunities to shine are endless.Working towards 'One Balfour Beatty' which allows everyone from different divisions to be feel as though they are part of the wider Balfour Beatty. Not there yet - but they are working hard to achieve it.
Assistant Quantity Surveying
4.7
2.4/5
Date added: 15th March 2016 by Anonymous
Flexible working hours and respectable starting salary. There is a graduate programme run by the company, but my particular office (focusing on rail electrification) has no training programme to learn the required knowledge. Very little organistaion for graduates in this office.
Graduate Mechanical Engineer
ETS
7.8
3.9/5
Date added: 11th March 2016 by Anonymous
Balfour Beatty have a great reputation as a leader in the construction industry and I really enjoy working for such a reputable company. The project I am working on at the moment will bring about real change for the public transport network within Edinburgh and the wider area. It is extremely rewarding to be given the chance to impact on people's lives in this way and improve the infrastructure of Scotland. In addition, the company and the team at my current project provide me with assistance and help whenever I need it, something I greatly appreciate being so new to the job and the industry as a whole. Furthermore, Balfour Beatty has and will continue to, provide me with a whole range of training and continued professional development including pushing me towards becoming a chartered engineer. There is a fair deal of commuting to and from my place of work to home and this can be extremely tiresome at times and makes my working day significantly longer. I feel it would be more beneficial to be placed on a project closer to home. Nevertheless, I appreciate this isn't always feasible and to some extent the nature of working in the construction industry is that you may have to work away from home.
Graduate Site Engineer
Construction Services UK
7.5
3.8/5
Date added: 11th March 2016 by Anonymous
Well structured graduate scheme.Long hours on site.