Job Review
Graduate, Technical at Barratt Developments
at Barratt Developments

How would you describe your job in 2-3 lines?
My current role is to rotate every 2 months around different departments within the company, to learn skills and understand each disciplines key roles and how they carry these out.
I get to go out on site a lot and visit different projects at different stages in their developments. I also attend meetings and training seminars. Much of my day is also spent carrying out tasks during work, these are often mini projects allowing me to use my skills and show what I have learnt.
What are the main positives and negatives to your job?
I really enjoy getting out on site and seeing the work that I do in the office impact the building being built. I also really enjoy the huge variety of tasks I have the opportunity to get involved in.
In what ways has the reality of your job differed from your prior expectations?
I have had more responsibility and had the opportunity to get involved in more projects than I thought I would. The rotations throughout the company are extremely helpful to understand the different disciplines prior to choosing which discipline I want to specialise in.
What advice would you give to candidates applying for a similar role at this company
The application process is not just about qualifications but equally about you as a person, your confidence and willingness to learn, build relationships and think laterally.
What hours do you actually work, on average? 8amto 5pm.
With the benefit of hindsight, would you choose to do this job again?
Definitely
By submitting this form, you accept the Mollom privacy policy.
Job Title:
Graduate
Team/Area:
Technical
Average Rating:
4.5/5
Date of Review: 04th Dec 2010
up
168 users have voted this review useful.