The Berkeley Group is one of the market leaders in the property development industry today. We specialise in the regeneration of brownfield sites and our focus is on creating beautiful, successful places in London and the south of England. We work to tackle the shortage of good quality homes whilst making a lasting contribution to the landscape and communities we help create.
We offer graduates the opportunity to be involved in roles at all stages of the Development Cycle. You will gain experience and exposure in all areas of the business completing placements of around a month in all the major departments before completing your two year programme in your home department.
Throughout the scheme, you can expect to gain real hands-on experience on our cutting edge projects while being supported and nurtured by market leading experts. From day one all graduates are allocated a personal mentor who will help and guide you through the scheme and onto your professional development path.
The Berkeley Programme Includes:
• Induction weeks: The scheme starts with a two week induction giving graduates a good understanding of the Berkeley Group. You will be exposed to the different divisions and departments allowing you to network with staff from all areas of the business. Scheme participants will visit a number of Berkeley developments, both inner and outer London, to understand the magnitude of the developments we build.
• Professional Development: The Berkeley Group is committed to training and developing their people. Structured programmes are in place to enable staff to become accredited to relevant and recognised industry bodies, RICS and CIOB.
• Training: You will be invited to attend a number of training events over the two years and will work on group projects as set by directors.
• Mentors: Graduates are vital to the success of the business and you will be provided with a mentor from the business to support you throughout your career. In addition to your mentor you will be supported by directors from your division.
• The Berkeley Foundation: You will spend two weeks volunteering with the Berkeley Foundation, gaining an introduction to the valuable work done by the charity and an understanding of the importance the foundation plays in the business. In addition you will volunteer at events organised by the Foundation, events include: The Lord’s Taverners Disability Cricket Championship Awards Evening, Rethinking Homelessness events and Street Elite festivals.
• Sponsored social events: We organise social events for Graduates from across the business, enabling you to continue building your networks and remain in contact with fellow graduates.