Capgemini Consulting Reviews

Employer: Capgemini Consulting
Sector: Consulting
3.8
3.8/5 average employee rating (as reviewed by 32 people)

All of the below job reviews are anonymously written by graduates and apprentices working at Capgemini Consulting to provide you with a unique insight into working there.

8.2
4.1/5
Date added: 08th February 2017 by Anonymous
Financial Services Academy
Voted Useful by 1 Person
4.8
2.4/5
Date added: 31st March 2016 by Anonymous
Great training programme, and leading consultancy in the digital space. Although all consultancies are similar in some ways, at CC there is more of an individual feel and you are free (and encouraged) to express your individuality.As with all consultancies, work-life balance can be a challenge and there can be unnecessary hierarchy. Junior staff often expected to do everything at once (internal & client work), which is very demanding.
CC
6.1
3.1/5
Date added: 31st March 2016 by Anonymous
The collaborative nature of the company-everyone is willing to help you achieve your goals and many colleagues will be willing to go the extra mile to help you.Many projects undertaken by the company tend to be more project management oriented and PMO roles tend to become repetitive- the learning curve is steep but after a few months the amount of knowledge/new things you can learn decreases exponentially.
BTI
7.3
3.7/5
Date added: 31st March 2016 by Anonymous
The community feel and relationships that you develop, the people that you get to work with really make it a great place to work.We are currently growing at a substantial rate and while this is good for the company, it feels like they have lost sight of and are neglecting their existing talent pool.
Strategy and Operating Model
7.3
3.7/5
Date added: 31st March 2016 by Anonymous
The people and the variety.Experience very dependent on project, which you can't always control.
Career Sector: Consulting
Employee Transformation
8.8
4.4/5
Date added: 31st March 2016 by Anonymous
The investment in your career development is better than at any other Consultancy I know of. Being able to get 3 accreditations that are recognised globally during the 2 year graduate scheme really sets you up for a strong career. The community spirit is something that sets the CDC (our graduate scheme) apart. The smaller intakes help foster a real sense of togetherness among the CDC, and many of my colleagues have quickly become firm friends.As with any Consultancy the uncertainty around where you'll be based in 1, 3, or 6 months time isn't conducive to planning ahead.
Business Model Transformation
6.7
3.4/5
Date added: 30th March 2016 by Anonymous
1) The people you work with - all very bright, friendly and supportive. 2) Capgemini has a fairly flat structure so you can easily approach more senior colleagues. 3) As it's a medium sized company compared to the Big 4, you get a good amount of responsibility early on at client site 4) A really great graduate community.1) Smaller company means that the range of client opportunities is smaller. Where you are placed is dictated more by business demand than personal preference. 2) From speaking to friends, it seems that Capgemini puts more emphasis on internal work than other consultancies.
Career Sector: Consulting
9.2
4.6/5
Date added: 30th March 2016 by Anonymous
The culture and our core values - people genuinely care about each other and how we behave as well as what we deliver. It's refreshing for a consulting company to have a heart, a conscience and a soul. The people - mutual respect and support. We learn from each other and value difference. We don't all want to be the same. The training is awesome. Capgemini invests heavily in developing us (with courses in the UK and globally - especially in our chateau just outside Paris) and we invest in developing each other and ourselves. The office in Holborn can be a bit dull. Its in a great location, but sometimes - there is a lack of buzz. We shake it up from time to time but it definitely needs a bit of something to make it feel less flat. It's odd because the people are friendly and warm - its just a dull space. We are about to revamp it so watch this space - literally. The laptops are a bit rusty...although new people get the more sleek models! We don't have enough meeting rooms. We use Skype a lot but sometimes you want to get physically close.
Managing Consultant
CCUK BMT
3.5/5
Date added: 30th March 2016 by Anonymous
- Work/Life balance. - Bright people. - Varied project opportunities. - Civilised culture. - Clear focus on digital leadership. - Good pastoral support structure.- Less meritocratic than it could be. - Project opportunities can range from the challenging to the very mundane, as not all the client work is interesting or challenging. - Disproportionate emphasis on doing internal firm-work (besides core project work), that does not always add value.
Date added: 30th March 2016 by Anonymous
Capgemini Consulting operates a flat hierarchy, which quickly gives graduates exposure to senior consultants and interesting experiences.There is sometimes a disproportional focus on internal assignments.
Business and Technology Innovation