Capita Reviews

All of the below job reviews are anonymously written by graduates and apprentices working at Capita to provide you with a unique insight into working there.

6.1
3.1/5
Date added: 22nd March 2016 by Anonymous
The company has a lot of divisions and a lot of opportunity to try different things/roles. They put focus on personal development. Has a relatively flat hierarchical structure given the size of the organisation. On the Graduate Programme (which I am currently employed on), you do not have the opportunity to rotate divisions throughout your 3 year programme. In my case, I work for Electronic Monitoring which is fairly niche- I would like the opportunity to spend some time working in another business area on a different kind of project.
Business Change Consultant
MoJ Electronic Monitoring
9.4
4.7/5
Date added: 21st March 2016 by Anonymous
Learning & development. Promotion based on meritocracy. Breadth of organisation.Inter-organisational collaboration.
7.3
Date added: 21st March 2016 by Anonymous
The best thing about the company is the large size of it. This means that there are so many varied opportunities which can be explored. The best thing about the job is that you are on a graduate scheme which allows you to take advantage of this.The worst thing about the company is the lack of general public awareness. Working for Capita is something which you should be extremely proud of but not many people can understand this as Capita operates under B2B and is therefore not in the public eye. The worst thing about the job is that as there are so many companies within Capita who all have their own grads, each graduates experience is completely different even if you are on the same stream and I believe that this is unfair.
Lead the Way Graduate - Finance
Local Government Services
8.5
4.3/5
Date added: 21st March 2016 by Anonymous
Capita is large and there are always so many opportunities to get involved with and the company encourages you to do so. My job changes on a daily basis and I really enjoy getting involved with different projects, working with various stakeholders and challenging myself in different areas.Sometimes you can feel a little bit lost in Capita because the company is so big and diverse - it can be difficult at times to see the bigger picture and how your work contributes to the overall success of the business.
Career Sector: Arts & Media
Graduate
Marketing and Communications
5.5
2.8/5
Date added: 21st March 2016 by Anonymous
The company gives graduates responsibility and we really get the chance to add value through our work. There is no limit to what we can do, and we can move to different areas of the business to find the job we really want to do.The pay is frozen for two years and there is no real clarity about what happens after the scheme and how pay and career develops after this.
Lead the Way Graduate
Bid Support
5.5
2.8/5
Date added: 18th March 2016 by Anonymous
I feel like I am constantly challenged and learning something new. I am yet to feel bored.The size of the company can often mean that things/information are not transparent, easy to get a hold of. This can be frustrating.
Sales Graduate
Sales
8.6
4.3/5
Date added: 17th March 2016 by Anonymous
Very diverse business and therefore a lot of opportunity to move around internally.As there are many different individual businesses there can be larger differences in how the same tasks are completed.
Graduate Internal Auditor
Internal Audit
7.4
Date added: 16th March 2016 by Anonymous
The huge variety of opportunities.The challenge of not necessarily knowing where or what role you are going to end up in at the end of the graduate programme.
Leadership and Operations Graduate
7.3
Date added: 16th March 2016 by Anonymous
- Getting to train 'on the job'. - Getting a business qualification with the scheme. - Always busy. - 99.9% of people I have met here are very personable and friendly! - Company as a whole seems to treat its employees as individuals, from the bottom to the top. - Good salary. - Opportunity to move to a great city.- Infrequent communication from the team running the graduate programme, including no support for those relocating for work. - The division of Capita I have been placed in has limited resources and opportunities in Sales. - Studying a master's degree alongside a full-time job is very stressful! - High staff turnover in what should be established roles.
Career Sector: Buying and Selling
Career: Sales
Sales Graduate
3.5/5
Date added: 16th March 2016 by Anonymous
Exposure to a number of sectors and working on bids worth >£100m. Working with a range of inspiring people who aid development. Flat hierarchy resulting in exposure up to Plc Board level. Plethora of opportunities across various locations in various sectors. Unclear career progression path. Term of fixed salary. Choice of further education institution for MSc study. No London salary weighting.
Career Sector: Buying and Selling