Job Review
Sustainability Projects Assistant at the University of Sheffield at Change Agents UK
at Change Agents UK

What are the best and worst things about your job? Best:
Working on something I'm passionate, working in a university environment, getting lots of opportunities for professional and personal development as well as lots of training.
Worst:
Working not as part of a team in an environment with older colleagues in a new city, being thrown in the deep end and too many expectations for someone new to the role.
What is the annual salary for this role? Starting salary: £15,000 - £17,000
What hours do you actually work, on average?
09:00 - 17:00
What advice would you give to someone applying to this role? Application Advice: Don't settle for anything you're not passionate about. I did a lot of volunteering before this job because I was passionate about sustainability and my circle back then was trying to discourage me from "wasting time" on non-profitable activities, but it was all this voluntary experience that distinguished me from other candidates and gave me the job.
Interview Advice: Be fun and enthusiastic. Try to demonstrate a broad range of experiences rather than talking about the same role all the time. Practice possible questions. Make sure you do your research about the organisation and throw in a couple of facts about them to impress them. Use the STAR technique but also following it with what you learned and how you link it to the role.
By submitting this form, you accept the Mollom privacy policy.
Job Title:
Sustainability Projects Assistant at the University of Sheffield
How long have you been at the company?:
6month-1yr
Salary:
£15,000 - £17,000
Average Rating:
5.8
2.9/5
Date of Review: 25th May 2017
up
10 users have voted this review useful.