Chaucer Syndicates Reviews

Employer: Chaucer Syndicates
4.4
4.4/5 average employee rating (as reviewed by 34 people)

All of the below job reviews are anonymously written by graduates and apprentices working at Chaucer Syndicates to provide you with a unique insight into working there.

5.6
2.8/5
Date added: 28th March 2017 by Anonymous
Working at both Lloyd's and the office - it makes each day varied.The repetitive nature of some tasks.
Trainee
Underwriting
9.2
4.6/5
Date added: 01st March 2017 by Anonymous
The Lloyd's Market has realistic "Box" hours which means in the quieter periods you can benefit from a good work/life balance. The work can often be very varied which maintains motivation. The people of Chaucer across the company work harmoniously together and everyone is keen to pass on their knowledge and support onto others.Some busy periods become very admin heavy and I have less time to develop on an intellectual level.
Underwriting Apprentice
Marine
Date added: 01st March 2017 by Anonymous
Use mathematics and Microsoft Excel to solve problems.It is quite a technical role so you have to be patient when learning.
8.8
4.4/5
Date added: 01st March 2017 by Anonymous
Get a good work/life balance and work in a very good team. There is exposure to how the insurance industry works and the chance to mature in an office environment, every day getting more experience in your field. Can be long hours during renewal seasons and the commute doesn't get any easier...
Marine Treaty
8.4
4.2/5
Date added: 01st March 2017 by Anonymous
Very interesting work, great team, good work/life balance, good culture, get to engage with brokers from the start, and attend the box at Lloyd's from the beginning which is essential for development.Progression could take some time.
Graduate Trainee
Property Treaty
8.4
4.2/5
Date added: 20th February 2017 by Anonymous
The best thing about my job is that I have the flexibility to both earn and learn at the same time. Chaucer is very good at offering support with exams and coursework and they let you study at your own pace.
Marine Cargo & Specie
7.4
3.7/5
Date added: 15th February 2017 by Anonymous
So many things to learn about energy and insurance, so I am constantly learning something new every day. Even people with years of experience say the same. There is a lot of information so it can be hard to keep up with things/be aware. You have to make sure you put forth the effort to learn/keep up to date.
Aspire Programme - Apprentice
Energy
8.8
4.4/5
Date added: 15th February 2017 by Anonymous
The working environment and the culture of the company. Everyone is very down to earth and approachable.
9.6
4.8/5
Date added: 14th February 2017 by Anonymous
As a company and team, all the guys I work with are incredibly supportive and I've never been made to feel like I'm 'putting-on' someone. We also socialise regularly as a team and work well together.Sometimes my work can be a bit monotonous but every position will have an element of this. I don't feel my job is any more monotonous as any other area in the company, it's just part of being a junior member of staff and learning what the business is all about.
Claims Operation Apprentice
Claims
7.8
3.9/5
Date added: 06th February 2017 by Anonymous
Network of people that you meet, very dynamic and interesting environment.Time it takes to progress up the underwriting ladder. A lot of time spent on administrative tasks, before given the opportunity to work on more interesting tasks.
Underwriting Assistant - Political Violence