Compass Group Graduate Reviews

All of the below job reviews are anonymously written by graduates working at Compass Group to provide you with a unique insight into working there.

2.5/5
Date added: 27th January 2017 by Anonymous
Flexibility - good management - great team.Isolated role within contract.
Nutritionist
Chartwells
6.2
3.1/5
Date added: 13th September 2016 by name_1473787192
The best part of my job is that I get to organise my own schedule and be given a lot of responsibility to just get on with it.I am a mobile worker and the driving has been very excessive indeed.
Graduate Manager
Mobile
7.9
Date added: 16th February 2016 by Anonymous
-Plenty of responsibility from day one -Lots of opportunities to learn and develop -Very large global company operating in many different sectors and countries -Given the chance to visit client sites (so not just stuck in the office) -In line with development, if you are in Finance then Compass will fund and support you towards a professional accounting/finance qualification -Very supportive atmosphere -Great graduate scheme induction-In Finance month end can mean long hours (but this is necessary to learn the full process).
Finance
9.3
4.7/5
Date added: 03rd February 2016 by Anonymous
The best thing about this job is the people. Everyone I've met has been really helpful and genuinely wants me to succeed. My role is really interesting as well and no day is the same.The size of Compass can be a little daunting for some at first but don't worry about this as people take the time to help you to understand the company.
8.1
4.1/5
Date added: 26th January 2016 by Anonymous
Great Graduate Scheme with clear progression within 3 levels of Finance Assistant role to becoming a qualified accountant. It gives plenty of opportunities to develop while there is no pressure if you underperfom at the beginning, which is a great start for a career in Finance.None
Finance
8.5
4.3/5
Date added: 26th January 2016 by Anonymous
One of the best things about the Graduate Scheme in Compass group is that it is not based on long periods of shadowing senior colleagues. The learning process is really interactive and you get to do actual work on important projects, attend meetings and say your opinion from the first days in the job. Also, even though the job role may be office-based, I got the chance to go out to site visits quite a lot in order to increase my understanding on our operations and the importance of making the right decisions in procurement or marketing for example, that would affect a number of sites. This also makes my week a lot more interesting than just staying in the office all the time. Finally, I really enjoy the environment I am working in since it is an open-plan office full of young and highly approachable people that makes it a lot easier to quickly feel comfortable in. Even though I wouldn't necessarily call it 'the worst' thing, Compass group is a huge company, with many employees, so in the first few months it is quite challenging to understand how the different departments work together and what are the unique characteristics and requirements within each one of them.
7.6
3.8/5
Date added: 26th January 2016 by Anonymous
The fast pace environment, variety of work and diversity of the business.Flip side of the above - the sheer scale of company can be difficult to navigate at times.
Career Sector: Buying and Selling
Operational Sourcing Buyer
Commercial
4.5/5
Date added: 25th January 2016 by Anonymous
For me the flexibility of the role is fantastic and the fact that I am given the freedom to take on different projects and tasks, thus letting me take responsibility for my own learning and professional growth. My manager is so supportive, truly understands me as an individual and is on board with my vision and what I want to achieve within the company. Being employed on the graduate programme means so much more than just securing a job. The time and effort Compass Group put into developing their graduates is remarkable. Alongside our day to day roles we are being enrolled onto training courses, completing online learning modules and taking part in group activities. This is really accelerating our learning and professional development. Also the fact that we have the opportunity to rotate to different sectors of the company again gives us that freedom to see where our strengths and passions lie and where we feel we can make a difference. The variety of tasks I am given makes this job exciting and keeps me mentally stimulated and motivated to take on whatever opportunities may arise. No one day is the same. I can honestly say that for the first time in my life I wake up every morning excited to go to work and see what I am faced with.On the flip side of having this flexibility and freedom is that the sheer size of Compass and the number of opportunities and career paths you can take can sometimes feel overwhelming and rather daunting. However I believe that simply time and experience within my role will help me overcome these uncertainties.
ESS
9.3
4.7/5
Date added: 25th January 2016 by Anonymous
The people. There are always ups and downs with everything, but there is nothing bad about this company. You work hard and you get to where you want to be.
Regional Manager
Instore
4.5/5
Date added: 25th January 2016 by Anonymous
The best thing about Compass Group is the large scale of the business. It gives you a great exposure to different areas of the business and there are always opportunities to explore sectors outside of your usual work environment!The large scale of the business can also be a negative on some occasions. Whilst the opportunity is always there to explore and develop, it can be difficult to get to grips with the different employees and which sector they are responsible for. Everyone is really helpful and approachable though, meaning if you find yourself confused, there's usually someone who knows the answer!