Job Review
Associate Consultant at Credo Business Consulting
at Credo Business Consulting

How would you describe your job in 2-3 lines?
My job is to be part of a team which helps answer questions company executives ask themselves about their business. It involves large amounts of interaction with clients, data analysis and thought about how to best use the data to inform our clients
On a typical day, I would be analysing data provided by our client, doing research to find more information and get underneath the dynamics of the client's markets. I would also be thinking about how this all ties in with the question they have set. It is also common to have a meeting or two, either internally or with clients, and to think about how our work can be best presented to answer the clients' questions.
What are the main positives and negatives to your job?
Positives: The team aspect of the job, and the quality of my colleagues. Working with individuals of a very high calibre definitely makes a difference, as you have so much to learn from each other. .
Negatives: Slightly longer hours towards the end of cases can be a little bit annoying. The workload can also sometimes be quite unpredictable, which can make it tricky to organise evening plans throughout the week..
What qualifications and skills are needed to be great at this job?
You need to be a well rounded individual, with strong analytical skills. It is also very important to have a strong interest in business and to be quite entrepreneurial.
What advice would you give to candidates applying for a similar role at this company
There is lots of material out there! It is essential to practice case studies and GMAT type questions before interviews.
What are the best and worst things about your job? Best:
The collegiate aspect of the firm is one I really enjoy. Most of my colleagues are also good friends, which makes works much more enjoyable.

Credo is great at looking after its employees, and from talking to friends in other consulting firms, it seems like these efforts pay off and result in a better company culture.
Worst:
Given our size we are not able to cover all sectors. That said, Credo is currently expanding and we have recently hired two new partners to help us broaden our scope!
What hours do you actually work, on average? 9amto 7pm.
With the benefit of hindsight, would you choose to do this job again?
Definitely
By submitting this form, you accept the Mollom privacy policy.
Job Title:
8.9
4.5/5
Date of Review: 16th Apr 2013
up
68 users have voted this review useful.