Crest Nicholson Reviews

All of the below job reviews are anonymously written by graduates and apprentices working at Crest Nicholson to provide you with a unique insight into working there.

Date added: 14th February 2017 by Anonymous
The working environment and the people I work with.If you have to go to head office in the mornings, the traffic is horrendous.
Technical
Date added: 31st January 2017 by Anonymous
Having an executive sponsor and regular contact with senior members of staff really helps you understand the company and your role and where you're going in the company. The workshops led by senior staff and rotating throughout the business helps you understand how it all works and links together. The drive to help you gain professional qualifications and constant development. Being able to visit a site as opposed to staying in the office all the time.Some long working hours, especially around busy times and big projects. The travel and meetings around the country can make a day longer than normal, so expect to get home late some nights.
Group Sustainability
Date added: 31st January 2017 by Anonymous
Having an executive sponsor and regular contact with senior members of staff really helps you understand the company and your role and where you're going in the company. The workshops led by senior staff and rotating throughout the business help you understand how it all works and links together. The drive to help you gain professional qualifications and constant development. Being able to visit a site as opposed to staying in the office all the time.Some long working hours, especially around busy times and big projects. The travel and meetings around the country can make a day longer than normal, so expect to get home late some nights.
Group Sustainability
9.4
4.7/5
Date added: 30th January 2017 by Anonymous
One of the best things about my job is the support around me. The company are constantly pushing you to do your best, within the workshops and within your everyday work life. Crest Nicholson are always trying to improve you, for example offering you the choice of professional qualifications and supporting you whatever you choose. Another great factor is the vast variety of projects you get to be involved in, for example as a graduate surveyor I get the opportunity to visit every site on a regular basis, where the surveyors I work with are limited to their own sites. I'm sure this exposure is bound to increase when I start my rotation within the business.
Career: Surveyor
Commerical
8.8
4.4/5
Date added: 30th January 2017 by Anonymous
The responsibility given to me and the freedom to make choices that affect the business based on my own opinion.As is the nature of this industry, it is very much bust and boom. So sometimes you feel you have a million things to do/consider.
Graduate
Sales and Marketing
Date added: 30th January 2017 by Anonymous
The inclusion of a graduate project, which tests our abilities to keep on top of time management, leadership and team work as well as all of the learning and work in our day to day departments. All of which provides two very distinct group dynamics. I also feel that everyday I am growing in confidence and understanding more and more of the job as time progresses, which is a positive feeling.Being unable at times to juggle all of the responsibilities as previously explained, as well as additional qualifications. It takes a lot of control and motivation, which can be very difficult at times.
Technical Graduate
Crest Nicholson South
9.6
4.8/5
Date added: 27th January 2017 by Anonymous
You will have some fantastic opportunities and experiences, and you'll meet some really great people. I think you'll struggle to find another Graduate scheme where the company invests so much time and energy in each and every Grad. I also really enjoy the fact that I'm normally out on site or meeting with consultants a few times a week - it helps break the working day up and means that there's only been 1 or 2 weeks since I started when I've been at my desk all week.
Technical
9.8
4.9/5
Date added: 14th March 2016 by Anonymous
The level of exposure as a graduate is fantastic. I work with all management levels and the board of directors take an active interest in my progress. My immediate mentors have been extremely supportive and always have time to help. Although it has been a steep learning curve, I have always had the help and advice I need. The graduate scheme is well structured and genuinely designed to progress my career. I will be rotating through all the departments for a good length of time to get a real understanding of how the business works as a whole, rather than focusing on one role. There are also regular day workshops to improve my skills and understanding,which are very useful and I take a lot out of them. Although the business is extremely large and successful, the office has a very friendly, social atmosphere. There are good opportunities to socialise outside of work and I play football with people from all over the company every week. So far I'm yet to come across any real negatives with the company or grad scheme.
Technical Graduate
Regeneration
9.9
Date added: 11th March 2016 by Anonymous
The variety of work I have been exposed to, including land appraisals, site identification, planning research, reviewing legal contracts and development agreements has allowed me to become involved with a variety of sites at different stages across our region. With this, I am actively engaged with all members of our team and they are always incredibly approachable and make a great deal of effort to involve me with their work, to improve my understanding. The level of responsibility has also been very rewarding and I have been able to work on various sites, instructing solicitors, agents, consultants and liaising with colleagues in other departments in order to produce relevant information needed. All of my colleagues in the Land and Planning team are receptive to any new ideas I may have and we work well together under pressure to meet deadlines for specific projects. Crest's support with my APC training has been well organised as I have a supervisor, Board Mentor and my Line Manager all actively involved in (usually quarterly meetings) to discuss the competencies, CPD hours and my progress in general with the qualification. Crest's Graduate Programme provides a very unique opportunity to engage with the most senior management within the company- something which larger companies don't offer.
Land and Planning
9.3
4.7/5
Date added: 11th March 2016 by Anonymous
Seeing construction projects develop at all stages. Getting the opportunity to learn about each department through rotational placements.
Commercial/Surveying