Crest Nicholson Graduate Reviews

Employer: Crest Nicholson
4.3
4.3/5 average employee rating (as reviewed by 17 people)

All of the below job reviews are anonymously written by graduates working at Crest Nicholson to provide you with a unique insight into working there.

9.8
4.9/5
Date added: 14th March 2016 by Anonymous
The level of exposure as a graduate is fantastic. I work with all management levels and the board of directors take an active interest in my progress. My immediate mentors have been extremely supportive and always have time to help. Although it has been a steep learning curve, I have always had the help and advice I need. The graduate scheme is well structured and genuinely designed to progress my career. I will be rotating through all the departments for a good length of time to get a real understanding of how the business works as a whole, rather than focusing on one role. There are also regular day workshops to improve my skills and understanding,which are very useful and I take a lot out of them. Although the business is extremely large and successful, the office has a very friendly, social atmosphere. There are good opportunities to socialise outside of work and I play football with people from all over the company every week. So far I'm yet to come across any real negatives with the company or grad scheme.
Regeneration
9.9
Date added: 11th March 2016 by Anonymous
The variety of work I have been exposed to, including land appraisals, site identification, planning research, reviewing legal contracts and development agreements has allowed me to become involved with a variety of sites at different stages across our region. With this, I am actively engaged with all members of our team and they are always incredibly approachable and make a great deal of effort to involve me with their work, to improve my understanding. The level of responsibility has also been very rewarding and I have been able to work on various sites, instructing solicitors, agents, consultants and liaising with colleagues in other departments in order to produce relevant information needed. All of my colleagues in the Land and Planning team are receptive to any new ideas I may have and we work well together under pressure to meet deadlines for specific projects. Crest's support with my APC training has been well organised as I have a supervisor, Board Mentor and my Line Manager all actively involved in (usually quarterly meetings) to discuss the competencies, CPD hours and my progress in general with the qualification. Crest's Graduate Programme provides a very unique opportunity to engage with the most senior management within the company- something which larger companies don't offer.
Land and Planning
9.3
4.7/5
Date added: 11th March 2016 by Anonymous
Seeing construction projects develop at all stages. Getting the opportunity to learn about each department through rotational placements.
Commercial/Surveying
9.1
4.6/5
Date added: 10th March 2016 by Anonymous
One of the best things about the job is the work you undertake. All the work is relevant and important to the business, nothing is done just to keep you busy. You will be given responsibility and accountability early on, so you will be making valuable contributions to the operation of the business. Another good aspect of working for Crest Nicholson is the company atmosphere, everyone is really friendly and there is a good work ethic throughout the company. As soon as you start working at Crest Nicholson, you'll feel welcomed and part of the team.
Graduate Trainee, Commercial
9.1
4.6/5
Date added: 09th March 2016 by Anonymous
The rotation scheme provides a variety of challenging work with responsibility for a variety of my own projects from the start. I have benefited from the direct support of an Executive sponsor, who has helped to tailor a specific programme to extend my experience of departments and projects within different business units. The scheme includes a comprehensive programme of training from specialists within the business, which is invaluable. I have been encouraged and supported in acquiring professional qualifications, including through the provision of necessary practical experience and opportunities for project work. Day to day, I thoroughly enjoy working alongside experienced and highly motivated colleagues who genuinely support and take an interest in our individual professional development. There is active encouragement for us to network within the wider industry and learn more about how our careers may progress in the future. Previous graduates who have benefited from training through this scheme have progressed well within the business - I hope to do the same.Some of the placements within the graduate scheme are rather short, I have occasionally felt that I might have been better able to consolidate my knowledge and to contribute within these placements if they had been longer. Nevertheless, this is made up for by the sheer range of placements we are exposed to within the remit of a two year scheme.
8.6
4.3/5
Date added: 09th March 2016 by Anonymous
In my opinion there are two main highlights of working for Crest - the culture of the business, and the company's projects. Crest Nicholson is a friendly and supportive company. My experience of being a Graduate is that I have been encouraged to take on as much responsibility as I feel comfortable taking on and I feel as if I have been rewarded and recognised, when I have done a good job. The Group holds a really exciting portfolio of projects and the Graduate Scheme offers the opportunity to work on a number of different projects located in a range of geographical locations. I do really enjoy my job, so it is different to find a clear negative. However, prospective graduates should be aware that the Graduate scheme does not involve a prolonged period of 'shadowing' - it is not simply watching and learning from those more senior. As a Graduate at Crest, you will be expected to work hard and contribute to driving the business forward. If you are looking for an easy life, Crest is probably not the company for you.
Graduate
9.3
4.7/5
Date added: 09th March 2016 by Anonymous
The best thing about my company is the support and training that I have received throughout my graduate scheme. Also the rotation to various departments means that I have gained a greater understanding of the business and improved my knowledge along the way.
Technical
8.1
4.1/5
Date added: 09th March 2016 by Anonymous
That every day is different and that there are always new things to learn each day.
Technical
6.5
3.3/5
Date added: 08th March 2016 by Anonymous
Fantastic benefits to starting Graduates. Competitive salary. Structured Grad scheme. Varied experience of work.
Land Graduate
Land and Planning
8.3
4.2/5
Date added: 08th March 2016 by Anonymous
Always involved in the projects, never a boring day, always learning. The company care about their employees offering very good benefits and work/life balance.
Career: Surveyor