Croudace Homes Graduate Reviews

Employer: Croudace Homes
4.3
4.3/5 average employee rating (as reviewed by 19 people)

All of the below job reviews are anonymously written by graduates working at Croudace Homes to provide you with a unique insight into working there.

8.3
4.2/5
Date added: 23rd February 2016 by Anonymous
The best thing about working for Croudace is the ability to learn about the whole development process in house. The graduate rotation programme ensures you experience the roles of the land buying, planning, technical, legal and build teams through short spells in each department.
Engineer
8.9
4.5/5
Date added: 02nd February 2016 by Anonymous
Fantastic place to work, very involved with our personal development and as a department.Slow progression.
Software Developer
7.7
3.9/5
Date added: 01st February 2016 by Anonymous
Good friendly people work here, always have time to help and talk about problems. You get actual responsibility given to you fairly early on. Freedom to choose what you do in each given day, be it payments or a site visit or keeping track of Buildcost/Chorus.System is bespoke and a little difficult to use without making occasional mistakes. I can't open PDF's very well, which is regularly frustrating. Time consuming to actually pay groundworks, due to inputting many dozens of figures, but in general groundworks are interesting to re-measure.
Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Build Department - North Thames
Date added: 01st February 2016 by Anonymous
The people & office facilities. As well as the attitude of staff.
Career: Surveyor
Graduate Surveyor
8.6
4.3/5
Date added: 21st January 2016 by Anonymous
The responsibilities that I have. I am currently managing the sales aspect of my own development. This generally means I have to take care of the Sales Consultants and make sure the overall running of the site is going smoothly, from presentation to the number of sales.
Graduate Sales Assistant
Sales & Marketing
8.9
4.5/5
Date added: 14th January 2016 by Anonymous
- Family run business - Flexible with Holiday and other leave - Benefits incl company car and fuel card - Supportive management - Approachable HR - Long service from many employees. - A lot of responsibility given - Poor IT system
Land Negotiator
Land
8.6
4.3/5
Date added: 14th January 2016 by Anonymous
They trust my ability but are still always there if I need to ask questions.Some aspects of the job are repetitive, for example changing the same thing on lots of drawings.
Graduate Designer
Technical Department
9.3
4.7/5
Date added: 14th January 2016 by Anonymous
You get a lot of responsibility and get thrown in at the deep end in order to learn.The progression throughout the company can be slow.
7.8
3.9/5
Date added: 04th July 2014 by name_1404463832
Croudace has a rather unique business model in todays construction industry. The majority of decisions are made in house, by specifically trained professionals, as opposed to out-sourcing contractors. Which allows more transparency and opportunity to learn across departments and from individuals with years of experience. There is a strong community atmosphere in the company, with a care for social aspects and for each individual at any level. They are keen to continually inject new talent and graduates, with a fantastic graduate scheme that allows a departmental rotation. The architecture position was targeted towards spending 6 weeks/2months on a current construction site, to shadow the site manager and was encouraged to become involved in the day-to-day running of the site. The knowledge gained about the process and methods of house building from ground level to sales hand over is invaluable and unlike the majority of other work placements/employment opportunities in the RIBA education system. Croudace are especially good at loosening the reigns of your initial job role and nurturing you to a position above and beyond your qualification, they have high expectations of your abilities. Lacking social media networking, could improve on links and connections to do with different aspects/information of a sites timeline within the public realm. As the company is still growing, there are limited roles for new graduates, so places can be highly competitive.
Trainee Architect
Design Department
6.9
3.5/5
Date added: 01st May 2014 by Anonymous
I enjoy the diversity of day-to-day tasks that keep me on my toes and test my knowledge and experience. Croudace provide immense support through a structured training programme that allows me to continue my professional development. This includes a round robin through the various in-house departments sampling the different roles thus providing myself with a greater appreciation and understanding for them.I feel that Croudace take a cautious approach to placing responsibilty on someone too soon.
Assistant Site Manager