E.ON Graduate Reviews

Employer: E.ON
4.1
4.1/5 average employee rating (as reviewed by 116 people)

All of the below job reviews are anonymously written by graduates working at E.ON to provide you with a unique insight into working there.

9.5
4.8/5
Date added: 15th February 2016 by Anonymous
Opportunities are endless - progression is mapped out and encouraged.Less awareness among FTE as to what the graduate program means.
Customer service leadership Graduate
Data Retrieval
6.4
3.2/5
Date added: 06th February 2016 by Anonymous
The responsibility and accountability given at the start of the placement is unprecedented and while it does throw you in at the deep end - it takes you on a steep learning curve and allows you to immediately start building on your skills portfolio.
Team Manager
Customer Operations Leadership Scheme
8.1
Date added: 05th February 2016 by Anonymous
Development Opportunities Mentoring Opportunities Trust given to you as an employee Wide variety of placementsThe bad press it gets on the news and the fact the good work E.ON does for it's customers gets diluted.
Customer Operations Graduate Leadership Scheme
Date added: 05th February 2016 by Anonymous
The challenges of doing business in a large international organisation. Not enough time in the day to get everything, I want to do done.
IT and Business Change Graduate
Retail Website
8.3
4.2/5
Date added: 05th February 2016 by Anonymous
Supportive and varied graduate scheme with flexibility, chance for development, funded professional qualification, competitive salary, international training courses, strong grad community, 6 month international placement Locations of UK offices (mainly Midlands based), shortage of strong opportunities for first permanent role.
Strategy Analyst
Finance
9.1
4.6/5
Date added: 05th February 2016 by Anonymous
EON really has a family feel, I felt welcomed from my first day and everybody has been approachable, helpful and really great to work with. I really enjoy the atmosphere of the office and my team which really motivates you to work harder. I think the scheme has a really good clear structure and career progression route. I feel supported by my mentor, buddy and line manager and have many development opportunities. I really love my work and job. I feel like I am really contributing to the team and have got involved in the real aspects of the ERA role and project work with my line manager. I can see my work having real results and I feel I can make an impact on the team. I haven't come across anything I would say is the worst thing about working for EON. However I think there are some challenges with the scheme. I'd like to have more flexibility with placements and timescales so that I could potentially be involved with more aspects of HR. I also felt that the induction week was very intense and a lot of training was focused on either the customer service elements of EON or engineering. However I think this is improving as the scheme has developed and my manager has really supported development and training throughout HR.
Employee Relations Adviser
Employee Relations
8.1
Date added: 05th February 2016 by Anonymous
Opportunities to work internationally, support for personal development including training workshops and professional qualifications. Diverse range of placements and freedom to choose what roles interest you. Supportive community of other graduates.
Finance Graduate
Commercial Finance
8.5
4.3/5
Date added: 05th February 2016 by Anonymous
Responsibility - From my very first placement I have been given proper responsibility on pieces of work that have the potential to have an impact on the business and add real value. Upon starting, I was also provided with a mentor, a senior manager, whose insight is invaluable.Only staying in a role for 6 months - Whilst the whole point of a grad scheme is to give the graduate exposure to different areas of the business, it's a shame that you have to continuously move around when you get into your stride.
Graduate Trainee
Risk and Investment
8.2
Date added: 05th February 2016 by Anonymous
Application of engineering principles learnt during degree to a real environment, with environmental, economic and legal impact.Lack of understanding about the energy industry among the general population and targeting by the press.
Integrity Engineer (Graduate)