Fujitsu Graduate Reviews

Employer: Fujitsu
4.2
4.2/5 average employee rating (as reviewed by 148 people)

All of the below job reviews are anonymously written by graduates working at Fujitsu to provide you with a unique insight into working there.

Date added: 03rd March 2017 by Anonymous
I have been given a lot of responsibility very early on, which means I have learnt a huge amount in my first six months, and continue to do so every day. It's a brilliant challenge and the days go very quickly.My work/life balance has suffered. I have a long commute each week and I am required to stay in a hotel 3 nights a week to work on my allocated account. In order to make the most of the graduate scheme and progress as much as possible, you also end up working some pretty long hours and it can be hard to make sure you have proper breaks.
Graduate Project Manager
Date added: 28th February 2017 by Publisher
I've been involved in a lot of development and I feel I have become a valuable member of the team in a short amount of time by being given responsibility for important jobs.The company is making people redundant.
Solutions Developer Graduate
Hybrid IT
6.4
3.2/5
Date added: 27th February 2017 by Publisher
It can be highly creative- it's very rare that marketing requirements are ever the same. Therefore it allows me to channel my creative side and maintains my interest.People tend to underestimate the amount of time it takes to produce marketing collateral, due to a lack of understanding. Therefore, it can sometime be difficult to manage the expectations of internal stakeholders.
Marketing Executive
Marketing
Date added: 27th February 2017 by Publisher
The huge amount of opportunity, as long as you put yourself out there for opportunities you will be recognised and given a chance to prove yourself. I love everyone I work with and I couldn't wish for a better start to my career.I honestly can't think of a bad point about my job but if I had to choose something I didn't like as much, it would be living away from home. I could move back home but I want to challenge myself by living down south and working from the southern offices.
Graduate Project Manager
Project Management
Date added: 27th February 2017 by Publisher
Level of responsibility I'm entrusted with.You're thrown in at the deep end- this is great for learning but it's difficult for the first few months whilst you get up to speed.
Graduate Project Management
N&T
6.2
3.1/5
Date added: 26th February 2017 by Publisher
I enjoy meeting suppliers and internal clients as this adds a more exciting element to the job and all suppliers are different. In Procurement I think you get a good all round view of the business as you have to communicate with all areas of the business including account managers, sales, legal etc. You also gain a lot of understanding of other areas, e.g. we get involved with legal often when putting contracts in place etc. I also like being involved in the new bids - where Fujitsu would bid for new business, including some well known customers. This is exciting because you are part of the bid from the beginning right to the end. And all bids are different - so no job is the same.Sometimes I find I'm not challenged enough at work but that might be because I come from a mathematical background where I'm used to everything being so hard. Procurement can involve a lot of savings/spend analysis on the computer using Excel, so for some this can be quite tedious and a bit boring if it's required regularly. Sometimes you have to deal with difficult people and can be put under a lot of pressure from account managers within the company. This can not be nice and can be quite stressful at times - you need to learn to not take this personally.
Career Sector: IT Support & Telecoms
Career: Procurement
Procurement Manager
IT Hardware
7.6
3.8/5
Date added: 26th February 2017 by Publisher
Very interesting industry and very interesting organisation.
Business Consultant
7.6
3.8/5
Date added: 24th February 2017 by Anonymous
Graduate Business Consulting
Date added: 21st February 2017 by Anonymous
- The working culture at Fujitsu is great, everyone within the company is made to feel welcome and willing to help you when you have a problem. There's a huge graduate community and you all have a chance to meet each other for the day, a month or so before you're due to start at the company. - Fujitsu's graduate scheme I feel also pushes you out of your comfort zone from day one, helping you to self develop. There are also lots of training and development opportunities here helping you to be the best you can be. -Depending on your account and job role you have the flexibility to work from home - With work here, you have a lot of flexibility, but this means you also have to be flexible i.e. you could end up on a account in a different location meaning that you will be on a different site 4 days a week and stay in a hotel for those days.
Project Management
SaaS Cloud IT
Voted Useful by 1 Person
Date added: 17th February 2017 by Anonymous
Working on different things throughout the day, no day is the same which makes it a very exciting role. Currently not having enough background knowledge on who our competitors are and which customers we have previously had contracts with, something which will build up over time.
Career Sector: IT Support & Telecoms