Mace Limited Reviews

All of the below job reviews are anonymously written by graduates and apprentices working at Mace Limited to provide you with a unique insight into working there.

7.2
3.6/5
Date added: 15th March 2017 by Anonymous
The best thing about my job is that you get to work with a wide range of people and every day is different. It is also good when you can see something tangible at the end when the project is handed over back to the client.The work varies depending on what project you are working on at any one time so some are more glamorous and exciting than others. Some projects can stall due to lack of funding or because the client keeps changing their mind so it can sometimes be frustrating when very little progress is being made despite your best efforts.
Project Management Consultancy
Date added: 06th March 2017 by Anonymous
High level of responsibility can be gained early on. Lots of communication with people. Can go out on site to look at works progression whenever suits - not just an office job. Hours are longer than many other engineering positions.
Residential Construction
Date added: 03rd March 2017 by Anonymous
Types of project available to work on. People you work with. The training available.Can be a lot of travelling. Problem-solving. Dealing with complaints.
Graduate Project Manager
Private Sector Consultancy
9.8
4.9/5
Date added: 28th February 2017 by Anonymous
Responsibility. Support from Senior Managers and exposure to Senior Managers within the company, who are very supportive. Senior Management complete training during the graduate programme, which gives real life experience. I enjoy all elements of my work, the graduate programme was very well balanced.
Project Manager
Major Programmes and Infrastructure
8.2
4.1/5
Date added: 28th February 2017 by Anonymous
Challenging work and recognition of successes.Long hours and little relevant training.
Career: Surveyor
Development Manager
Developments
Date added: 27th February 2017 by Anonymous
One of the best things about my job is that it is constantly challenging. Although this can sometimes become daunting when deadlines are demanding, it gradually turns into a positive because you have the satisfaction of being able to solve problems and ultimately delivering a project which impacts on others' lives. I also love working with people who share the same goal as you and being in constant communication with others. It's great that Mace provides you with opportunities outside of your day-job to get involved and expand your network within the business. I also feel fully supported by my line manager and peers and feel that Mace have you in their best interests and really want you to succeed (especially on the graduate development programme).It can be frustrating sometimes when people are uncooperative or things happen/do not happen that are out of your reach. But I think it is important to learning and developing and although it may put you out of your comfort zone (this is dependent on the person of course), it enables you to understand the best way to deal with things especially as a graduate learning every day.
Graduate Trainee Project Manager
Private Sector Project Management (Consultancy)
7.6
3.8/5
Date added: 27th February 2017 by Anonymous
Personally, the construction industry is very enjoyable to work in.The construction industry can be stressful and tedious at times with long hours.
Construction Manager
Construction Management
6.4
3.2/5
Date added: 27th February 2017 by Anonymous
-I have a lot of responsibility, I have been at Mace for less than a year, but I am already leading two projects on a framework. -I feel like every day presents an opportunity to learn something new (technical skills, commercial understanding, soft skills etc.). -The work is challenging and no week is ever really the same - there are always different issues to investigate or overcome. -The work involves a lot of liaison with different types of people from different walks of life which I really enjoy. -Not all work is in the office - sometimes you go to site or other offices for meetings. -I particularly enjoy working alongside the people at Mace, who are all supportive and friendly. -The Mace Foundation and other Mace initiatives and events. -Sometimes it feels that there is a lack of recognition for the hard work that is done (both from the client and from senior managers who are outside our direct team). -Sometimes it feels difficult to get the work/life balance and it would be good to have more flexibility in terms of working hours and location.
Graduate Project Manager
Public Sector Consultancy
8.6
4.3/5
Date added: 26th February 2017 by Anonymous
Enjoyable and varied work. Feeling of satisfaction at working towards a tangible creation. High salary. Long hours. High pressure.
Graduate Assistant Construction Manager
Construction Management - Commercial Offices
6.2
3.1/5
Date added: 26th February 2017 by Anonymous
Diversity of work.Peak and trough workload.
Public Sector