Sales Assistant, Sales Assistant at Marks and Spencer

6.7
3.4/5
Date of Review: 25th Apr 2011
up
124 users have voted this review useful.
How would you describe your job in 2-3 lines?
I am a customer assistant and so I have to do whatever customers want me to do whilst adhering to the company policy at all times.
I stock shelves, I serve customers on tills, I answer phone queries, I help customers in the fitting room, I do bra fits, I move merchandise around to better accommodate for other stock as well as making it look presentable.
What are the main positives and negatives to your job?
Positives: flexible working hours (good for those who are still studying), 20% discount on food & clothes M&S nationwide, meet interesting people.

Negatives: work can be quite repetitive, 15 minute break for a 6 hour shift is awful, the air con is never turned on and the heating always seems to be on so staff have to work in unhealthy conditions in the summer.
What qualifications and skills are needed to be great at this job?
None. just a 'can do' attitude.
What advice would you give to candidates applying for a similar role at this company
Previous experience always helps.
Salary Comments
It's part-time and they pay you £7.69/hour (pretty decent for a sales assistant role).
What hours do you actually work, on average? 4amto 10pm.
I work the night shift.
With the benefit of hindsight, would you choose to do this job again?
Probably

Comments

I am interested in a vacancy workinging in the Nottingham area.
Type the characters you see in this picture. (verify using audio)
Type the characters you see in the picture above; if you can't read them, submit the form and a new image will be generated. Not case sensitive.