Mitchells and Butlers Reviews

Employer: Mitchells and Butlers
3.9
3.9/5 average employee rating (as reviewed by 49 people)

All of the below job reviews are anonymously written by graduates and apprentices working at Mitchells and Butlers to provide you with a unique insight into working there.

7.2
3.6/5
Date added: 30th March 2017 by Anonymous
You are given real responsibility from day one which gives you the opportunity to make a difference.Lack of job rotation.
Corporate Finance Graduate
Voted Useful by 1 Person
7.6
3.8/5
Date added: 09th March 2017 by Anonymous
I manage my own diary and time. Real responsibility from day 1! Colleagues - it is easy to make friends and you will feel supported! Tailored development. Opportunity to work in a number of functional areas.At times, the hours can be long! The scheme at times, can feel that it lacks structure (everyone has a different route) Be prepared to do a lot of driving and potenitally spend a lot of time away from home.
Operations Graduate
9.6
4.8/5
Date added: 02nd March 2017 by Anonymous
The environment and culture, the work that I do is really enjoyable and challenging.
Marketing Graduate
Marketing
Date added: 23rd February 2017 by Anonymous
- Flexibility. I manage my own diary which obviously has its perks. - The people: My boss is awesome, as are my colleagues. It's not a company you will struggle to make friends and find support in. - The industry: hospitality is a fun industry, so it's easy to enjoy what you're doing. - It's a target driven role, which is really rewarding when you are succeeding. - The graduate scheme is great as it offers experience in a wide range of roles (marketing, HR, audit, frontline etc..) - this can really help you discover what it is you want to do. - It's a target driven role, which is tough when results aren't coming your way. The role requires a lot of resilience and self confidence. - Sometimes the grad scheme can feel as though it lacks structure. everybodies experience is different (which has its positives) but can feel like it lacks formal structure at times. - The hours. Long and erratic. If I didn't love the job it would be a nightmare! - The driving. Be prepared to spend a lot of time in the car.
Area Manager
8.4
4.2/5
Date added: 13th February 2017 by Anonymous
I have a new challenge everyday with a great diversity of roles available.The work can be challenging and you may not be working set hours due to the industry.
HR Graduate Advisor
HR
7.8
3.9/5
Date added: 13th February 2017 by Anonymous
The culture and the people are what makes this company fantastic. It is often difficult to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Corporate Operations Graduate
5.6
2.8/5
Date added: 10th February 2017 by Anonymous
The people I get to work with on a day to day basis are good fun and generally very, very good at their jobs.Can be frustrating and un-challenging on an intellectual level sometimes.
Operations Graduate
5.8
2.9/5
Date added: 30th March 2016 by Anonymous
Colleagues and people I work with. Wide responsibilities. Every day brings something different. Amount of training. Wide range of benefits.Lack of consistency and structure. Working for a big corporate and bureaucracy.
Career Sector: Retail
Retail Business Manager
8.1
4.1/5
Date added: 30th March 2016 by Anonymous
The people - it's such a sociable industry by its very nature so the people and the people you meet along the way are so helpful and supportive.Nothing immediately springs to mind - the hours are often long but when you enjoy what you do then it's not that much of an issue!
Career Sector: Arts & Media