Morgan Advanced Materials Graduate Reviews

Employer: Morgan Advanced Materials
4.0/5 average employee rating (as reviewed by 38 people)

All of the below job reviews are anonymously written by graduates working at Morgan Advanced Materials to provide you with a unique insight into working there.

8.6
Date added: 05th April 2016 by Anonymous
Training, workshops and coaching as well as gaining invaluable experience in challenging roles.Remote locations of sites.
CI Engineer
Continuous Engineer
Date added: 01st April 2016 by Anonymous
High level of experience and expertise in the team I am working in to learn from in an environment that exposes me to lots of new challenges.Possible case for under-resourcing, given the challenges faced.
Alphawool Production Lead
Thermal Ceramics
8.4
4.2/5
Date added: 31st March 2016 by Anonymous
- We are given real Jobs with real accountabilities and these are very challenging. - Through the job roles on the Graduate Programme we are able to see our Impact on the Business financially. - The Training program is well structured and relevant throughout the two year Programme allowing us to dip our toes in Training Areas such as Project Management, People Management and Financial/Commercial skills. - We are encouraged to do monthly Reviews which helps reflection and facilitates individual development plans. - There is a lot of support from our Managers and Senior/executives for graduates. - There are many interesting opportunities in the Company for graduates. - There is a process in place to facilitate Chartership for Engineers. - Graduates are encouraged to promote the graduate program as well as doing their day job.- Sometimes graduates can be treated differently to other employees, where sites have had no previous graduates (since it is a young scheme). - Line Managers who've never had graduates before tend to have slow starts with graduates until they realise what is required of them (as Managers) and of Graduates. - Working internationally is possible, but moving and working is not as thought out as working in the UK.
Team Leader Metallization
Production
Date added: 29th March 2016 by Anonymous
- Real responsibility. I am currently managing key pojects for the business providing me with vast experience in a tight time frame. - Fantastic development opportunities provided. - Excellent training both internal and external. - Professional treatment. I am not treated like a graduate, but rather looked upon as a full-time engineer. - Exciting products/workstreams. - Opportunities to diversify from academic studies and add to acumen. - Oportunities to travel and work abroad. - Two years, two locations (1 site/location per annum). This is brilliant for experiencing different elements of the business within the two year programme but can be taxing on your personal life.
Product Engineer
Engineering
3.9
Date added: 29th March 2016 by Anonymous
Global company, interesting and educational events throughout the year. Financial remuneration: salaries and bonuses.
9.1
4.6/5
Date added: 24th March 2016 by Anonymous
Morgan has given me innumerable opportunities to work across a broad range of challenging roles. The best thing is the amount of responsibility given to the graduates and placement students. I am currently managing a team of 7 experienced employees. I have been given an excellent balance of free reign as well as enough guidance to keep me going in the right direction. Morgan doesn't have a particularly standardised culture, which is a double edged sword. Although it gives great exposure to working in other businesses - it also makes it more difficult to transition across technical clusters. It means you can be isolated from some areas of the business, depending on your placements.
Career Sector: Arts & Media
Sales and Marketing Manager
Sales and Marketing
Date added: 22nd March 2016 by Anonymous
Pretty good support when starting off. Plenty of responsibility with the tasks given. Roles are tailored to your skill set, which most jobs (especially graduate roles) don't typically do. Opportunities to work and travel abroad. To virtually any continent, depending on business needs. The company develops you with every intention of keeping you. A lot of investment and improvement on the graduate programme has been made so as to bring out the very best out of the company's prospective managers and CEOs. I like travelling, but for those who don't, you'll need a car and flexibility to match. There will be lots of this to do. Morgan will gladly sponsor Non EU personnel. The Home Office, however, doesn't make things easy for anyone. Get all your paperwork and fees sorted out way beforehand because the waiting times can drive you nuts.
Graduate Mechanical Engineer
Product testing
Date added: 18th March 2016 by Anonymous
The Global Graduate Launch is a great way start to the programme, getting to meet fellow graduates from across the globe. Development Programme on the Gradaute Leadership Programme, very good training provided including ILM5 qualification and monthly developmental reviews. Career Progression is definitely one of the best things. Fantastic support network from fellow graduates. Good travel opportunities. Location of sites.
Graduate Programme Advisor
9.1
4.6/5
Date added: 14th March 2016 by Anonymous
Career progression. Senior Management Support and buy in to the Graduate Scheme. Opportunities to try new things in areas that you are not directly working. Development programme that supports the Graduate Programme. Support with attaining professional qualifications. Opportunities to see how different sites work and utilise the One Morgan approach. Support from Graduate team and graduate colleagues. Working in a real job with a high level of responsibility. Treated as an equal not just a graduate.Work long hours but that is my choice.
Senior HR Advisor
UK
8.1
4.1/5
Date added: 14th March 2016 by Anonymous
Global business with plenty of opportunity to see the other sites not only within the UK but around the world. Including the possibility to move to a different country to work for second year placement. Useful and relevant training and the coaching along with courses into Emotional Intelligence are Informative.Some of the locations for sites are not near large cities.
Continuous Improvement Leader