Morgan Advanced Materials Graduate Reviews

Employer: Morgan Advanced Materials
4.0/5 average employee rating (as reviewed by 43 people)

All of the below job reviews are anonymously written by graduates working at Morgan Advanced Materials to provide you with a unique insight into working there.

5.6
2.8/5
Date added: 10th February 2017 by Anonymous
Career opportunity and responsibility.Work/life Balance.
Senior HR Advisor
HR
6.6
3.3/5
Date added: 09th February 2017 by Anonymous
The environment, my colleagues, the great opportunity to grow and to learn about my job.
Process Engineer
Date added: 09th February 2017 by Anonymous
- Responsibility - Development - Career support and advice - Opportunities for progression - Challenging work - Bonus scheme - Can be stressful - The Graduate programme is 2.5 years long in which you will have a minimum of two placements lasting 6-12 months. Moving regularly can be difficult so be prepared for this - Lots of additional work as a result of the training and development programme
Manufacturing Engineer
Manufacturing - volume
Date added: 09th February 2017 by Anonymous
- Opportunity to work abroad - Learning a second language - Multiple international training sessions - Chance to work outside your main role on side projects related to training - Meeting some of the top management in the first few weeks - Investment put into you as a grad (through training and support) - Meeting international colleagues from America and Asia Some slow communication between sites.
QEHS Coordinator
QEHS
Date added: 05th April 2016 by Anonymous
Training, workshops and coaching as well as gaining invaluable experience in challenging roles.Remote locations of sites.
CI Engineer
Continuous Engineer
8.5
Date added: 01st April 2016 by Anonymous
High level of experience and expertise in the team I am working in to learn from in an environment that exposes me to lots of new challenges.Possible case for under-resourcing, given the challenges faced.
Alphawool Production Lead
Thermal Ceramics
8.4
4.2/5
Date added: 31st March 2016 by Anonymous
- We are given real Jobs with real accountabilities and these are very challenging. - Through the job roles on the Graduate Programme we are able to see our Impact on the Business financially. - The Training program is well structured and relevant throughout the two year Programme allowing us to dip our toes in Training Areas such as Project Management, People Management and Financial/Commercial skills. - We are encouraged to do monthly Reviews which helps reflection and facilitates individual development plans. - There is a lot of support from our Managers and Senior/executives for graduates. - There are many interesting opportunities in the Company for graduates. - There is a process in place to facilitate Chartership for Engineers. - Graduates are encouraged to promote the graduate program as well as doing their day job.- Sometimes graduates can be treated differently to other employees, where sites have had no previous graduates (since it is a young scheme). - Line Managers who've never had graduates before tend to have slow starts with graduates until they realise what is required of them (as Managers) and of Graduates. - Working internationally is possible, but moving and working is not as thought out as working in the UK.
Team Leader Metallization
Production
8.5
Date added: 29th March 2016 by Anonymous
- Real responsibility. I am currently managing key pojects for the business providing me with vast experience in a tight time frame. - Fantastic development opportunities provided. - Excellent training both internal and external. - Professional treatment. I am not treated like a graduate, but rather looked upon as a full-time engineer. - Exciting products/workstreams. - Opportunities to diversify from academic studies and add to acumen. - Oportunities to travel and work abroad. - Two years, two locations (1 site/location per annum). This is brilliant for experiencing different elements of the business within the two year programme but can be taxing on your personal life.
Product Engineer
Engineering
3.9
Date added: 29th March 2016 by Anonymous
Global company, interesting and educational events throughout the year. Financial remuneration: salaries and bonuses.
9.1
4.6/5
Date added: 24th March 2016 by Anonymous
Morgan has given me innumerable opportunities to work across a broad range of challenging roles. The best thing is the amount of responsibility given to the graduates and placement students. I am currently managing a team of 7 experienced employees. I have been given an excellent balance of free reign as well as enough guidance to keep me going in the right direction. Morgan doesn't have a particularly standardised culture, which is a double edged sword. Although it gives great exposure to working in other businesses - it also makes it more difficult to transition across technical clusters. It means you can be isolated from some areas of the business, depending on your placements.
Career Sector: Arts & Media