Graduate Manager at Morgan Sindall

7.6
3.8/5
Date of Review: 25th Mar 2013
up
51 users have voted this review useful.
How would you describe your job in 2-3 lines?
My job is to assist in the day to day running of a construction project, ensuring works are planned and conducted safely, on time and to the specified quality.
I work with clients and sub-contractors to ensure the safe running of a construction project. I ensure works are planned and conducted in a safe manner whilst ensuring quality standards are in place.

I am in charge of presenting health and safety inductions to everyone who attends the site and will run meetings on progress, safety and design
What are the main positives and negatives to your job?
Positives: Opportunity to be involved and contribute to projects. Encouraged to engage with extracurricular activities and networks.

Good training programme allowing us to progress, with support networks.
Negatives: Lack of support with professional qualifications.
What qualifications and skills are needed to be great at this job?
Good communication, people and team working skills - degree is required. Building experience will help you get ahead
What advice would you give to candidates applying for a similar role at this company
Be confident and be open minded as to positions of work. Ask plenty of questions and appear to be enthusiastic and excited about each project
What are the best and worst things about your job? Best:
Good training programme, importance of graduates promoted throughout company, encouraged to be involved with projects and taking responsibility early in career.
Worst:
Feels like you are stuck as a trainee for too long!
Salary Comments
Pay rises usually yearly, rise of £3000 within first 18 months
How could the job and company be improved?
Better pay.
What hours do you actually work, on average? 8amto 6pm.
Working hours will vary depending on workload and project requirements
With the benefit of hindsight, would you choose to do this job again?
Probably
Refresh Type the characters you see in this picture.
Type the characters you see in the picture; if you can't read them, submit the form and a new image will be generated. Not case sensitive.  Switch to audio verification.