We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
You will be joining our Finance and Economics team in our Energy unit. The team specialises in policy appraisal and evaluation, regulatory reforms, infrastructure & development projects in both fossil and renewable energy. The team provides their economic, financial, policy and strategic advisory services to Governments, Regulators, Project Sponsors, Investors, IFIs, Multilateral Funding Agencies and others. We support project negotiations, executing M&A deals, conducting investment appraisal, feasibility studies, market modelling and forecasts, due diligence exercises, formulating national policies, developing business and risk management strategies and carrying out asset valuation.
As a Graduate economist you will work in a multidisciplinary team that examines all economic and commercial aspects of various types of energy related projects.
Work typically involves:
• Developing scenarios for energy markets looking at prices, energy production and use
• Investment appraisal for the energy sector, using DCF and CBA methods
• Examining impacts of economic and environmental regulation on energy markets stakeholders
• Valuing assets in energy production, transmission and distribution
• Reviewing and evaluating energy markets rules and regulations
• Demand forecasting
• Generation and networks least cost expansion planning
• Developing models (generally spread-sheet based)
In addition, the role would eventually involve managing project work including managing client relationships. The selected person will be mentored by the Chief Economist within the team and will report to the Finance and Economics team leader.
To apply for this scheme you will have less than 12 months post-graduate experience and have achieved a 2:1 or above with a Masters in Economics or System Planning. Your degree should have modules related to energy or environmental economics.
We are looking for graduates with the following characteristics:
- Methodical approach to problem solving
- Ability to use your initiative to undertake tasks efficiently and independently
- Excellent verbal communication skills, which allow you to confidently liaise with clients and team members
- Excellent written communication and attention to detail, and be able to demonstrate accurate report writing
We are looking for flexible and motivated graduates with a genuine passion for energy and the environmental economy, and a desire to make a difference in the world. If this describes you, apply today to launch your career at Mott MacDonald by clicking on the Find Out More button below.