New Look Graduate Reviews

Employer: New Look
Sector: Retail
3.8
3.8/5 average employee rating (as reviewed by 17 people)

All of the below job reviews are anonymously written by graduates working at New Look to provide you with a unique insight into working there.

9.7
4.9/5
Date added: 31st March 2016 by Anonymous
Great development structure, friendly atmosphere and a very flat structure. This has meant I've had a lot of exposure and opportunity to develop early on in my career.
7.3
3.7/5
Date added: 31st March 2016 by Anonymous
Upbeat and social company, treat staff well. Enjoyable.Growth opportunities.
Delivery admin assistant
Wholesale
6.6
3.3/5
Date added: 29th March 2016 by Anonymous
The enthusiasm and passion about the brand and motivation to succeed. Lack of time to support juniors.
Career Sector: Law
Career: Paralegal
Legal
6.2
3.1/5
Date added: 24th March 2016 by Anonymous
Getting to work for a global business where there is a lot of opportunity is the best thing about my company and job.The worst thing about my role is that it is quite pressured at times.
Talent resourcer
Retail/Head Office
8.6
4.3/5
Date added: 24th March 2016 by Anonymous
The friendly atmosphere, the entrepreneurial spirit, the feeling that if you have an idea that actually works you can make it possible. The team spirit, the good combination within fun and work, the fact that no day is the same as another.The constant changes sometimes can be frustrating. Pay could be slightly better but on the other side we have several benefits.
Talent attraction lead
HR
8.1
4.1/5
Date added: 04th March 2016 by Anonymous
Good work and social balance, team vibes.Limited flexibility of hours at work.
Apprentice
Central
9.8
4.9/5
Date added: 03rd March 2016 by Anonymous
Working with New Look is one of the best things I have done in my life. One thing that stands out for me is the internal growth that they passionately push so hard to do. Starting off as a Sales Assistant in one of New Look's less known stores to ending up as an apprentice travelling the U.K. with a Kakemono in one hand, my suitcase in another and a smile on my face has allowed me to understand what I want to do with my life. The support at New Look is amazing, my manager is aware that although I love working in Graduate recruitment, Public Relations may actually be the pathway for me. We have had meetings, one to ones and even researched together the many possible ways that I may enter the industry. Even if it does mean that I may eventually need to leave the company. (Which shows that here it really is about building talent). I am currently 18 and I am on a gap year between College and University working in a HR team where the majority of employees are 25 plus. What has been surprising to me is the fact that I have never once felt left out or isolated and since the beginning I have been encouraged to join in as many group activities as possible, including a charitable bake sale (which, if you know me, was a dangerous move) and our monthly New Look arms. The New Look arms is a legendary event that on the last Friday of every month, on these days the office shuts early and all employees are encouraged to spend some time together in our cafe and mingle. With food and drinks provided with the odd appearance of a live band. One thing for me that sets New Look above the rest would be the open door policy that we have here. Our leadership team does not sit in a single office but rather on the 3rd floor right next to our PR department and E commerce team. I have had many conversations with our Managing Director in the U.K. who has asked me questions like "What do you do now?", "Have you got any feedback about working in store?", "What are you thinking about next year?"I travel a lot for work. The worst bit about the job would be the travelling back from whatever University or City I have visited . `
Future Talent Apprentice
Future Talent
3.5/5
Date added: 30th March 2015 by Anonymous
Amazing atmosphere in the office. Friendly colleagues. Real passion for the clothes we put in store.
Assistant Merchandiser
Core Clothing
8.2
4.1/5
Date added: 24th March 2015 by Anonymous
New Look gives me big brand recognition on my CV Good opportunities to move roles/gain promotions. Good wage. Great extra benefits - eg. New Look Arms/Early Finish Fridays/ Cake Trolleys They often ask employees how they can improve and continentally work to do so. Break out areas/ Own staff cafe Have lots of extra activities eg. Sports Teams/Choir Located just off Oxford street, its very accessible through public transport, but incredibly busy.
Career Sector: Buying and Selling
Buying Admin Assistant
Maternity
Date added: 23rd March 2015 by Anonymous
I get to work directly with the product and have an input into the buying process. The company works hard at maintaining a 'no hierachy' policy which results in good relationship with senior members of staff.I think across the graduate roles there isn't recognition for the difference in work load and it isn't reflected in the pay.
BAA