NFU Mutual Reviews

All of the below job reviews are anonymously written by graduates and apprentices working at NFU Mutual to provide you with a unique insight into working there.

9.4
4.7/5
Date added: 27th January 2017 by Anonymous
Lots of autonomy and being given a large amount of responsibility from the start was a good feeling. It also helps that the regional management team are hugely supportive and colleagues are always more than willing to help out.
RMS Sales Consultant
Risk Management Services
Date added: 25th January 2017 by Anonymous
Flexibility.Pay.
Operational Architecture
9.4
4.7/5
Date added: 13th January 2017 by Anonymous
Flexibility in the role and extensive progression.Little opportunity abroad.
Career Sector: Banking and Finance
Insurance
Date added: 13th January 2017 by Anonymous
The L&OD are excellent in building the scheme's package and not losing sight of what you should be achieving. Furthermore, my current people manager is an asset to the company and works hard alongside me in aiding my progression. I truly feel invested in: the professional qualifications offered as standard are fantastic, and there is scope for optional ones. Within my workplace, you could not ask for a friendlier community of people. I feel the company is very transparent about what is happening in not only the business but the wider industry and leads to a level of trust and faith from the employees. The company itself is going through an exciting period of change, and the whole ethic of the Professional Trainee is for us to not only embrace this: but also become the future leaders one day, which is something not all graduate schemes can offer, let alone boast!There is a heavy focus on 'self-development' which can be intimidating to a new starter: confidence is a key requirement to the scheme! The various different channels of the scheme can also make you feel you're missing out on something, or you're progressing at a different pace to the other trainees which can sometimes feel slightly disheartening: but is something that will most likely equal out after the three years of the scheme. Trainees are around the regions too and sometimes feel you may miss out on what those at HO are experiencing: however, the company is very flexible and accommodating in enabling you to get involved!
Customer Service Operations
Date added: 13th January 2017 by Anonymous
The L&OD are excellent in building the scheme's package and not losing sight of what you should be achieving. Furthermore, my current people manager is an asset to the company and works hard alongside me in aiding my progression. I truly feel invested in: the professional qualifications offered as standard are fantastic, and there is scope for optional ones. Within my workplace, you could not ask for a friendlier community of people. I feel the company is very transparent about what is happening in not only the business but the wider industry and leads to a level of trust and faith from the employees. The company itself is going through an exciting period of change, and the whole ethic of the Professional Trainee is for us to not only embrace this: but also become the future leaders one day, which is something not all graduate schemes can offer, let alone boast!There is a heavy focus on 'self-development' which can be intimidating to a new starter: confidence is a key requirement to the scheme! The various different channels of the scheme can also make you feel you're missing out on something, or you're progressing at a different pace to the other trainees which can sometimes feel slightly disheartening: but is something that will most likely equal out after the three years of the scheme. Trainees are regional too, and sometimes you feel you may miss out on what those at HO are experiencing: however in all truth, the company is very flexible and accommodating in enabling you to get involved!
Customer Service Operations
9.8
4.9/5
Date added: 13th January 2017 by Anonymous
The people, the opportunities and the autonomy.
Career: Consultant
Quality Development Consultant
8.8
4.4/5
Date added: 13th January 2017 by Anonymous
Being able to develop relationships with key stakeholders.A lot of exams and studying to get through.
9.6
4.8/5
Date added: 12th January 2017 by Anonymous
Everyone is so welcoming and friendly and will give you the time of day to answer any questions that you have. You will never feel like you're out of place or don't belong.At first, on the numerous placements, there can be a lot of shadowing between different departments. Although this can be very educational and is great for networking, it can also become quite tedious when done to excess.
IT
5.8
2.9/5
Date added: 12th January 2017 by Anonymous
Being involved in high stake negotiations with big hitting suppliers.Governance and controls, poor pay for what is being asked, increasingly longer hours.
IT Professional Trainee
IT
8.6
4.3/5
Date added: 12th January 2017 by Anonymous
The variety. I have learned so much in the last few months about a wide range of subjects. Insurance covers pretty much anything you can think of, and as such you will gain knowledge in a myriad of subjects. Having to chop and change between specialities can make time management very difficult. It is fantastic to have been given the responsibilities that I have as it shows great faith in my abilities. However, this means that I have to be aware of multiple deadlines and be good at structuring my work in order to meet them.
Risk Selection Consultant