Npower Reviews

All of the below job reviews are anonymously written by graduates and apprentices working at Npower to provide you with a unique insight into working there.

8.2
4.1/5
Date added: 10th April 2017 by Anonymous
- Opportunity for international placements. - Huge range of placements so the overall programme is really tailored to your personal needs and you get to understand various parts of the business. - Competitive bonus package. - Having a large intake of graduates each year provides a great community for social events and activities.Although there are a lot of office locations throughout the UK, only some offer certain roles which aren't perfectly suited.
Commercial Analyst
Retail Energy Management
3.5/5
Date added: 07th April 2017 by Anonymous
The flexibility and wide range of options and placements available.The financial struggles that the company is currently undergoing.
Consumer Media PR Graduate
PR
6.6
3.3/5
Date added: 06th April 2017 by Anonymous
Variation and given responsibility.Office locations.
Business Leadership
7.6
3.8/5
Date added: 06th April 2017 by Anonymous
I love the range of responsibilities I am given, and I feel graduates in the company are really valued. Ex-Graduates occupy well established positions with responsibility which is motivating. I also feel as though I am taken seriously, and gain great exposure as a graduate.It's easy to always want more, but I am pretty happy in the most part. One thing I would perhaps change (and this is just because I am impatient!) Would be to attend more high-level meetings and make bigger decisions quicker, but I am sure in time this will happen.
Business Leadership Graduate
Digital Strategy & Service
Date added: 05th April 2017 by Anonymous
My team are very friendly and helpful. The agile working culture is very good. Being on the graduate scheme we get exposed to so many opportunities that others in the company don't. The graduate development days that the graduate development team put on for us are very useful in helping us understand ourselves and developing ourselves to succeed at Npower. Having to balance a full time job and my CIMA studies is very tough and has been a steep learning curve.
Finance Graduate
Finance
6.2
3.1/5
Date added: 05th April 2017 by Anonymous
Training and opportunities in a variety of places.Some of the training is generic and isn't tailored to the specific graduate cohort.
Career Sector: Buying and Selling
Career: Sales
Graduate
Domestic Utility
7.4
3.7/5
Date added: 05th April 2017 by Anonymous
There are offices around the country and spending time in different locations can help make the placements more interesting to understand more about what is going on. There are loads of opportunities to do other things on top of your role. You need to be proactive to organise them (eg trips to power stations, time with metering field teams, industry talks) but managers are accommodating about you doing them.Because the scheme is so diverse I still don't really have an area I want to end up in despite having worked at the company for over 18 months.
Product Developer
Commercial
7.8
3.9/5
Date added: 05th April 2017 by Anonymous
Willingness to change.The sector's public image.
Channel Manager
Commercial
6.9
3.5/5
Date added: 05th April 2017 by Anonymous
I like the tasks I'm asked to do as they are technical and develop the core skills that I want to develop.Can be a little detached from other teams within Digital as I'm working in Analytics, whereas everyone is much more customer-focused.
Web Analytics Graduate
Digital
8.2
4.1/5
Date added: 05th April 2017 by Anonymous
International opportunities and the working culture.