Peninsula Graduate Reviews

Employer: Peninsula
Sector: Consulting
4.7
4.7/5 average employee rating (as reviewed by 30 people)

All of the below job reviews are anonymously written by graduates working at Peninsula to provide you with a unique insight into working there.

9.1
4.6/5
Date added: 07th September 2016 by Anonymous
Without a doubt, the best thing about working for Peninsula is the level of training you receive, it honestly is second to none and prepares you so well for your role. As well as the training provided, there is also a wide range of resources available to you to enhance your learning such as Lexis Nexis (which you can also access from home), the Peninsula University and the Advice Library. The L&D team are also always on hand to help you out. Another great thing about working at Peninsula is that it offers real career progression. I am currently on the third intake of graduates and looking at how far some of the graduates in the first and second intakes have come (progressing to positions such as Business partners) in such a short amount of time is really encouraging. The management team are also very supportive, in fact, all of the team are friendly, supportive and approachable. The Graduate Scheme also comes with the added benefit of gaining a CIPD Level 7 qualification. You are setting yourself up for the best start in an HR career by working at Peninsula. I have honestly tried to think of something here, but I am struggling. I have no ‘Worst Thing’ about my time with Peninsula.
Career Sector: Consulting
Date added: 16th August 2016 by Anonymous
Peninsula provides the most amazing training to prepare you to be the best you can be on the job. I have been with the company for nearly six months now, and the amount of knowledge and experience I have been exposed to surpasses anything else that I had done at University or even when I was studying for my CIPD level 5. The graduate training scheme provides you with great knowledge in all aspects of HR and with the strong support you feel confident to deal with all employment law issues. With great opportunities, annual conferences and expert training you become part of the Peninsula Family. With the added bonus of gaining a CIPD Level 7 qualification, you really are set for an incredible career in HR.The worst thing about working at Peninsula is the amount of weight I have gained since starting here. With free breakfast every Mondays, free fruit every Wednesday, end of the month free drinks and team of the month lunches, I have had no self-control. Peninsula do offer a free exercise class and discounted gym memberships so I only really have myself to blame.
Career Sector: Consulting
9.8
4.9/5
Date added: 31st January 2016 by name_1452182489
Peninsula provide amazing training by HR experts within the company for each employment law topic, which is then followed by an assessment and feedback for when we begin advising on the phone. They also invest in a CIPD module to help set up your professional career in HR. Peninsula are also very generous for any over time and weekend working and there is always an opportunity to earn extra commission through referrals. It is not all hard work as there are dress down Fridays at the end of the month followed by drinks with colleagues after work, which is a great way to socialise with colleagues you may not get chance meet to during the week. There are so many other benefits to working with Peninsula, but one final benefit personally to myself is the quick progression to team leader and even progression in salary every 3 months dependant on targets. This role is fast paced and high pressured in a target driven environment where between 9am-5pm is non-stop but the topics and experience you cover in this company in a short period of time is invaluable.
9.4
4.7/5
Date added: 30th January 2016 by name_1452183460
Working for Peninsula provides lots of opportunity to develop your career. On the graduate scheme we are training to become HR consultants and the training scheme provides you with great knowledge in all aspects of HR and employment law. There is a lot of support in the training too with a large range of training sessions, access to Peninsula University and Lexis Nexus. There is also the added bonus of gaining a CIPD qualification which is vital in a HR role. The annual conferences also provide training sessions and external speakers, which is another way to increase your knowledge. As a driver and travelling in by car for work, I learnt that unfortunately there was no free onsite parking. However there are car parks nearby for as cheap as £2 per day. You may also come across colleagues travelling the same route as you, so there may be an opportunity to car share.
Date added: 29th January 2016 by name_1452183908
I have worked for Peninsula Business Service for a year and half now and it has so far been the best company that I have worked for. Peninsula invests a lot of time and energy in their employees ensuring that they reach their full potential and career goals. In September I joined the employment law graduate programme and it has been an amazing experience so far. The training provided on this scheme is phenomenal, it is class room based training and the trainers cover all aspects of employment law in the most efficient and informative way possible in order to assist us gain our Level 7 CIPD in employment law. The assessments which are conducted after each training session are done in a way that helps put you in the mind set of a HR advisor and allows you to understand how to handle a client and their queries in the most efficient way possible. In addition to the training session, we were given the opportunity to go on tribunal and client visits. Joining this graduate scheme has been a great asset in order to help me start my career in HR and Employment Law, as this scheme is fast paced, engaging and informative and the end result is worth it. I would advise any one who got the chance to join Peninsula on the graduate programme to go for it as it's an fantastic place to work for and employees and managers are so friendly and approachable. Peninsula works on meritocracy basis, the harder your work, the more reward you get. If you are willing to work that extra hard to achieve your desired goals, then peninsula will be there at every step to help you. The manager are really approachable and caring, they will create weekly incentives to help you achieve your targets and to keep you engaged with your work. Further to this, Peninsula also provide additional benefits to their employees such a free bakers breakfast every Monday morning to kick start your week as well 30 to 60 minute free gym sessions on Thursday evenings, TFI Fridays on the last Friday of every month which is dress down and they provide free alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages to end your month on happy note as well as giving you the opportunity to socialise with your colleagues.Honestly I cannot think of a single negative point about Peninsula, its just a fantastic place to work for and if any one gets an opportunity to join the business I would advise to take it.
8.4
4.2/5
Date added: 29th January 2016 by name_1452180871
What attracted me to the Peninsula Business Services Graduate Scheme was the ability to take part in a scheme which incorporated both HR and Employment Law. I love working in the fast pace environment at Peninsula, everyday your skills and ability to adapt are challenged. Interacting with clients early on in the graduate scheme and having the responsibility to ensure clients are made aware of legal developments complements the excellent training that is provided as it allows us to understand more about the clients we will be advising, as well as getting to interact with many colleagues. The training includes classroom based activities, mock calls, sitting with HR Experts to gain further understanding and has also included visits to Tribunals and guest lectures. Following on from the initial training, the graduate scheme will progress to completing the CIPD qualification. The buddy scheme which Peninsula has in place allows previous graduates who have moved on to being HR Experts pass on their knowledge and cements the teamwork atmosphere at Peninsula. Moreover, fortnightly meetings to discuss recent legal developments is excellent for giving information on what has changed, or what questions clients might ask from seeing developments which have appeared on the news. Additionally with refresher training sessions and fun lunchtime employment law quizzes with themes based around popular TV quiz shows, Peninsula ensures that everyone’s knowledge is as high as it should be. Completing the vast amount of interactive training, communicating daily with clients and seeking guidance from helpful and friendly colleagues are all fantastic factors about working for Peninsula but I also enjoy all the activities Peninsula puts in place for its employees including Fun Friday’s and free breakfast every Monday. Peninsula doesn't have its own cafeteria, however there are two kitchens on the floor with fridges and microwaves and a food cart comes round every day before lunch.
Employment Advice
9.7
4.9/5
Date added: 29th January 2016 by name_1452183067
The training is immense. It's well structured and very detailed. It also helps towards attaining a Level 7 CIPD qualification which will help with my long term career goals. When things get stressful the head and assistant heads of department come round and offer you a brew or some biscuits or both! The scheme has also made me realise I can do so much more than I thought and cope with a heavy workload easily. It tests your limits which is valuable in the industry. The IT systems aren't very good. They break a lot and can cause you serious problems when trying to carry out your duties. They do fix them ASAP though.
8.8
4.4/5
Date added: 29th January 2016 by name_1452184390
There are many great things about working for Peninsula, it is a fantastic company to work for, there is always something going on around the office from incentives, to fun days and conferences where you are able to have fun whilst you are learning. You are given so much support though each step of the way from the buddy system and training sessions. If there is anything you are unsure about you have so much guidance to ensure you feel confident. The opportunities I have been given since working at Peninsula are fantastic in such a short space of time I have come such a long way. There are so many avenues to go down and you feel that you will be supported in whatever you choose to do in order to progress. You are also enrolled on to a CIPD level 7 qualification and supported through the programme, this demonstrates how Peninsula cares about you as it is a business that want's you to grow, you don't feel like you are just another number.
Graduate Employment Law consultant
Manchester
Date added: 29th January 2016 by name_1452181316
The best thing about working at Peninsula is all the HR and employment law training we receive. The training is interesting and also fun such as training updates given through quizzes such as the employment law Million Pound Drop. The social aspects of working at Peninsula are also great such as the free breakfast provided on a Monday morning, free gym sessions provided on a Thursday night, fun Fridays and free drinks provided on the last Friday of the month which includes alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks and an opportunity to socialise with colleagues. The atmosphere within the teams are fun and there are lots of team incentives and rewards such as team of the month who get an early finish and a team meal paid for by Peninsula. Peninsula is based close to Manchester centre so there isn't any free parking, however the office is easily accessible and there are local car parks which are cheaper than parking in the centre.
Date added: 28th January 2016 by Anonymous
Peninsula Business Services have provided a really positive start to my career in HR and Employment Law. The training provided and constant development of both technical knowledge and general administrative skills is truly invaluable. I joined Peninsula just over two years ago shortly after graduating from University with a Law Degree, and I am already experiencing the fantastic opportunities for progression and career development that are on offer here. In September of this year I embarked upon the award winning Graduate scheme offered by the Employment Advice department and it was the best decision I have ever made. The level of training involved in the scheme is phenomenal and every single member of the department is approachable if ever there are any questions which crop up following a training session. Every training session is followed by an assessment to test the knowledge obtained from the training. Many different methods of assessment are used which is a fantastic way to challenge yourself (particularly in areas which are not necessarily your strongest point - my weak area is presentation work). The people of Peninsula are really friendly, knowledgeable and supportive (both on my own level and at Management level). I can honestly say that I have made some really close friends within the business during my time here so far. The Management team are by far the best I have ever experienced in my experiences of working life. The support that is offered and the achievable incentives that are put in place on a weekly or monthly basis are fantastic. This provides the requisite drive in each employee to achieve both high output of work whilst also focusing on the quality of the work that is created for our clients. The Peninsula main office in Manchester city centre is situated in an ideal location, there are fantastic benefits packages available and amazing team building/bonding activities on offer. This is truly the best place to work!I am disappointed that I did not come across the organisation sooner. I feel that many of my years were wasted before joining Peninsula in job positions with no prospects. I have now found the perfect business where I wish to build my career. In my option, there are honestly no bad points about working for Peninsula. Peninsula treat their employees so well and really reward those who work hard.