Job Review
Legal Graduate, Legal Department at Selex ES
at Selex ES

What are the best and worst things about your job? Best:
There is a 'can do' approach and the 'open door' policy in tandem with the availability of my colleagues to assist with my work in times of heisitation and difficulty has been very beneficial to my professional development.

There are ample opportunities to grow, learn and develop and hard work is widely recognised and adequately rewarded within the Department I am employed in.
Worst:
Given the specialisation of the industry in which I have chosen to work, it can be very difficult to communicate effectively with people throughout the business and gain the information necessary to perform the legal functions they require of me.

Further, given the small size of the Legal Department in which I work and the large number of internal business stakeholders I help support, there is little acknowledgment from the business at large of the supportive role we provide.
What is the annual salary for this role? Starting salary: £17,000 - £19,000
What hours do you actually work, on average?
08:30 - 17:45
What advice would you give to someone applying to this role? Application Advice: Write about why you want to apply for the role, what pushed you to choose Selex over one of its competitors (e.g. Thales...). Detail your interests (volunteering, Projects, travels...) and how these have been beneficial to you and your personal development and how you can transfer these qualities into the work environment. Tailor your application in accordance with the Selex's profile. Convey how what you have learned in your higher education and post-graduate studies are compatible with a career at Selex.
Interview Advice: Prepare widely. Know what Selex does inside-out, what it makes, who it does business with, what its footprint is and explain why you want to be part of the Selex's deep-rooted legacy- what can you contribute to this Company to make it better?

Prepare to explain what you want to do with your career and where you realistically expect to see yourself in 3 - 5 years time having worked with Selex.
By submitting this form, you accept the Mollom privacy policy.
Career Sector:
Job Title:
Legal Graduate
Team/Area:
Legal Department
Location:
England - South East
How long have you been at the company?:
1yr-2yr
Salary:
£23,000 - £25,000
Average Rating:
3.5/5
Date of Review: 19th Mar 2015
up
25 users have voted this review useful.