Sellafield Ltd Reviews

All of the below job reviews are anonymously written by graduates and apprentices working at Sellafield Ltd to provide you with a unique insight into working there.

9.6
4.8/5
Date added: 27th March 2017 by Anonymous
Company wide drive to train you to be the best in the world in order to solve the world challenges we face as engineers.Due to the nature of the job heavy health and safety standards are applicable sometimes these are applied in divisions of the business which can make getting work done long drawn out processes.
Electrical Engineer
Utilities
6.9
3.5/5
Date added: 27th March 2017 by Anonymous
Interesting and challenging technical work.Rural location.
Materials Engineer
Technical
Date added: 22nd March 2017 by Anonymous
Good work/life balance, excellent support in getting chartered, high graduate salary.The nuclear industry can move slowly.
Chemical Engineer
Engineer
Date added: 22nd March 2017 by Anonymous
The opportunities for self development and progression are better than anywhere that I'm aware of. The company really cares about its graduates and I feel that I can develop myself in any way provided that I can justify it. Being such a large site there are endless ways to continually learn, even over a lifetime career I would imagine. The core structure and training of the scheme is great and helps me get a wider understanding of the site rather than becoming too insular within my department. The technical work that I encounter within my role is challenging and enjoyable and I feel that I have been well placed.I think people's experience/enjoyment of the graduate scheme are largely dependent on the sort of line manager that is delegated to an individual. I have been very fortunate to have been given a line manager that I get along well with and who understands how I need to progress my career; but I'm aware that some others have not been so lucky with management or placement and perhaps there could be more fluidity in secondments. Equally I'm aware that if someone really has a problem then it is relatively easy to escalate these issues far beyond line management so this 'worst part' isn't all that bad or difficult to fix - essentially I've no complaints myself of the scheme and have found it to really work well for me.
Graduate Physicist
Date added: 20th March 2017 by Anonymous
The flexibility and diversity of placements, we organise our own placements - choosing which department to go to and which discipline to do and when.Some placements are short and therefore you do not always get enough time to get enough learning and experience. The competencies are more suited to one side of the scheme than the other.
Date added: 15th March 2017 by Anonymous
The extremely high levels of responsibility at an early stage of my career.The poor efficiencies intrinsic in large companies and my constant strive to overcome them.
Operations
Operations
8.6
4.3/5
Date added: 14th March 2017 by Anonymous
Opportunity to move around.Very rigid and highly regulated working environment.
8.6
4.3/5
Date added: 14th March 2017 by Anonymous
I get a lot of responsibility and a lot of support from others around me.
Process Design Engineer
Design
5.8
2.9/5
Date added: 13th March 2017 by Anonymous
The salary is okay and I have some nice colleagues.Slowness of progress due to "red tape".
6.8
3.4/5
Date added: 13th March 2017 by Anonymous
Challenging work in a unique environment.Location - travel time to and from work can be up to 3 hours a day.
Graduate Trainee