Siemens Reviews

All of the below job reviews are anonymously written by graduates and apprentices working at Siemens to provide you with a unique insight into working there.

8.4
4.2/5
Date added: 20th March 2017 by Anonymous
Fantastic environment.No canteen.
Graduate Programme
4.5/5
Date added: 09th March 2017 by Anonymous
The people, the challenging environment, the benefits package and the large level of responsibility you have.Sometimes things take a long time to change or go through - it can be frustrating, but it's to protect you and the firm.
Graduate Buyer
Strategic Procurement
Date added: 09th March 2017 by Anonymous
There are lots of opportunities to get involved if you are self motivated and proactive. There are great people in the company and you also meet lots of graduates from other Siemens businesses. Responsibility is given early on and you have the chance to prove yourself. I had the opportunity to do an international placement in Stockholm. I have a great manager and regular opportunities to present to the management team and build visibility within the business.Internal processes can slow progress and the onboarding process for new staff can be frustratingly long. There is no salary premium for being based in Surrey compared to working in the North/Midlands. Living costs in the local area are high.
Graduate Electrical Engineer
Builidng Technologies
9.6
4.8/5
Date added: 09th March 2017 by Anonymous
There are many good things about the scheme, benefits are often and generous and the graduate community is fantastic with excellent networking opportunities offered to us. We all get exposure to very senior people within the business. All ideas are accepted and at the very least considered always. Innovation is at the heart of Siemens and working for a fast moving and exciting company in ever-changing industries is both challenging and rewarding.
Finance and Commercial Graduate
Rail Electrification
7.1
3.6/5
Date added: 08th March 2017 by Anonymous
Very good support towards completing the CIMA qualification. Also, the portfolio of the company is really interesting and keeps you motivated.Lack of bonus incentives and pay rise opportunity. Very little transparency about future pay rises and bonus.
Finance Gradate
Finance
Date added: 08th March 2017 by Anonymous
Environment is relaxed, set your own goals and it's down to you to put in the effort and make the most of the experience.Need to move to southern England for a year, off-putting for Northen/Scottish grads.
Graduates & Trainee's
8.7
4.4/5
Date added: 08th March 2017 by Anonymous
The environment that I work in is always positive and friendly which makes a difference to the attitude everyone else has towards working... and there always seems to be a cake knocking around the office which is never a bad thing! Alongside the positive working environment I always feel I'm learning new things every day whether it's self taught or taught from work colleagues. I feel I am always furthering my knowledge and skill set. This could be engineering related or just generally about how the business operates. The colleagues in the department I currently work in are good fun and very friendly however I'm the youngest by a good few years which is a shame so it would be great to have some more youngsters in the office.
Graduate Electrical & Electronics Engineer
Customer Service
7.6
3.8/5
Date added: 08th March 2017 by Anonymous
Learn something new every day and keep improving my skills. Sometimes, things can be a bit slow if I don't push for changes.
Software
7.6
3.8/5
Date added: 07th March 2017 by Anonymous
Various training courses, study support and relaxed office environment.Living away from family.
Finance Graduate
Commercial Project Management
6.8
3.4/5
Date added: 07th March 2017 by Anonymous
Good work/life balance and a wide range of placements.Can be a lack of guidance in terms of career and what placements might be suitable.
Graduates