Spirax Sarco Reviews

All of the below job reviews are anonymously written by graduates and apprentices working at Spirax Sarco to provide you with a unique insight into working there.

6.8
3.4/5
Date added: 26th March 2017 by Anonymous
The salary, work benefits and the flexibility of my apprenticeship.Potentially more interaction with the company, seeing one of our systems in a real world application.
4 year Technician Apprenticeship
7.4
3.7/5
Date added: 21st March 2017 by Anonymous
Part of a very successful and highly respected company that operates globally across a wide range of industries. Gaining an insight into this has been fascinating, and the fact Spirax has allowed me so much influence in where I work in my first two years (especially abroad!) has been fantastic. This helped me start a full time role in an business area that I knew I was interested in and had experienced, with people I already knew and a job role that had the key factors I was looking for. Based in an operations role can become quite repetitive and you quickly establish a routine, allowing you less flexibility, but this I knew upfront before starting the role and had to balance that against the positives.
Supply Chain Planner
Supply Chain Planning
7.4
3.7/5
Date added: 15th March 2017 by Anonymous
Rotational placements are good as I get to see the company through different departments eyes and also get the chance to liaise with people all over the company gaining knowledge, experience, a network and a good general understanding of how Spirax Sarco operate. We also have a good canteen.It can often take a while to hear back on certain things regarding your apprenticeship which can leave you feeling 'left out of the loop'. Other than that, all is well.
Placement Rotations
6.8
3.4/5
Date added: 08th March 2017 by Anonymous
The variety of roles I work in during the scheme, ranging from maintenance and machining to strategic purchasing and UK sales. This is really useful when deciding where I want to take my career.Going from short days at school with my mates to full working days and having less free time during the working week.
Apprentice - Technician engineer
Date added: 02nd March 2017 by Anonymous
Learning basic skills for engineering that are setting the fundamentals for my career in the future is almost priceless. Earning a wage at the same time as doing this is a huge bonus - plus half day Fridays are enjoyable!There isn't really anything that I dislike about my apprenticeship, I am enjoying it a lot!
Apprentice Technician
9.8
4.9/5
Date added: 02nd March 2017 by Anonymous
The exposure that we get as apprentices is excellent as networking starts as soon as you join the company. This exposure aids you when you approach completion of the apprenticeship scheme as you have an extensive array of contacts, equipping you for the future. Another thing would be the skills we develop as we move through the scheme and between all the departments. Each department has different roles and responsibilities, therefore, we get involved with various different projects.I don't think there is a worst thing about the job, everything we undertake as apprentices is for our development both in soft skills and engineering capabilities.
Electronics Technician Apprentice
Varies
7.2
3.6/5
Date added: 01st March 2017 by Anonymous
Everyone is friendly and open to sharing knowledge and information. There is a wealth of knowledge within the company, as it is well established and a market leader in the steam industry.At times, the workload can be quite high - but it is a useful opportunity to improve time management, organizational and prioritization skills.
Graduate Engineer
Technical Sales
7.8
3.9/5
Date added: 27th February 2017 by Anonymous
The challenge of the work that is often present. My motivation with anything I do is to always learn from it, and that is much more easy to do when the work is a challenge, as I need to go out of my way to learn content necessary to complete the work.Boring placements. Some placements, such as product assembly, offer no challenge whatsoever, and it just feels like your time is being wasted.
Advanced Technical Electronics Apprenticeship
Talent Management
Voted Useful by 1 Person
8.2
4.1/5
Date added: 27th February 2017 by Anonymous
The involvement each department gives you when you are moved into each placement. They treat you as an equal.Sometimes placements forget you're still just an apprentice and workload can get quite heavy, however with a quick word to your placement manager, they can help you sort through the work and share their experience that you do not have.
Technical Support
7.8
3.9/5
Date added: 27th February 2017 by Anonymous
Lots of opportunity for training and personal development, competitive salary and good working environment.
Technician Electronics Apprentice