Spirax Sarco Graduate Reviews

Employer: Spirax Sarco
4.2
4.2/5 average employee rating (as reviewed by 17 people)

All of the below job reviews are anonymously written by graduates working at Spirax Sarco to provide you with a unique insight into working there.

4.5/5
Date added: 31st January 2016 by Anonymous
Great graduate scheme, global organisation, regular training courses for improving skills and increase productivity at work.
Graduate Engineer
Group product management and development
7.4
3.7/5
Date added: 28th January 2016 by Anonymous
The variety of opportunities and scope of the graduate scheme is exceptional. You have the ability to choose your different job roles as you progress through the scheme, influence your career direction and also decide where you would like to work abroad for 6 months. This provides a very broad experience over the 2 years of the scheme, giving insight into the key areas of the business, preparing you for management in later years and allowing you to discover what you like. Not enough training provided throughout the graduate scheme.
Graduate
Manufacturing
9.7
4.9/5
Date added: 20th January 2016 by Anonymous
About the company: Huge product diversity, vast geographic presence worldwide, Wide range of customer industries, Strong capabilities and work opportunities in all business areas (research&development, manufacturing, sales, service, marketing, business admin), Market leader position, Earnestly ethical company, Financial strength About the role: Balance of technical, commercial, strategic, and business objectives, Room for creativity, International element, Responsibility, Challenging problemsNot a bad thing to say. If I didn't like the role/department I could have gone for something different, there are many opportunities for change. As a company though, I do not see how one could have a bad thing to say. Of course there is room for improvement, but that is the point.
Technical Support Engineer
Technical Sales
8.9
4.5/5
Date added: 18th January 2016 by Anonymous
Very good first job, using the skills I learnt at University given enough independence.Sometimes not enough work to go round so have to work on self development (which they do provide).
Product Management & Development
8.7
4.4/5
Date added: 14th January 2016 by Anonymous
- Possibility of exploring various departments, both technical and non-technical - Exposure to innovative technology and projects - Mentorship from business leadersLocation could be a bit more lively at the weekends.
Research & Development
9.8
4.9/5
Date added: 11th February 2015 by Anonymous
The best thing is the graduate scheme structure itself, combined with the available roles and projects in the company. The graduate scheme consists of four placements in different business environments (R&D, Manufacturing, Sales, and one placement abroad). So, three placements in Cheltenham UK, and one abroad. From raw materials down to face-to-face technical sales, and from research down to strategy formation, you can see and do it all in a timely manner, based on your choices. Not a bad thing to say. If you found yourself in a job or situation you didn't like, you could always change it, you and your interests in the company are protected.
Technical Sales
7.7
3.9/5
Date added: 10th February 2015 by Anonymous
Fantastic variety of opportunities available across all areas of the business, both internationally and based in the UK. Graduate scheme allows for you to be exposed to a wide range of departments and sectors throughout the company, enabling you to discover what it is that interests and excites you. At some point in the scheme, you may be required to work in a department which you do not enjoy or feel you are suited to. Equally this is a great experience to determine what you do and do not like, as well as providing a challenge.
Research
7.9
Date added: 10th February 2015 by Anonymous
The best thing about my job is how the scheme is organised. It allows me to complete four different placements, each 6 months long, around the company. There is a lot of choice in my placements and I get to have a say about where I work. This is great as I can tailor my program to my interests all the way from manufacturing to research to sales. There is also a chance to have a placement based abroad in an operating company of choice which is great for experiencing different cultures and understanding the global nature of the company. I think this is the best thing about my job because when leaving University I wasn't 100% sure about what I wanted to do; this placement gives me the chance to experience a variety of different ways that I can pursue a career as an Engineer. Another good thing about my job is the support that I have been given. There has been a lot of training in both engineering and personal skills which I felt really helped with the transition from University to the work place. Professional development is something that Spirax is committed to and so since joining, I have been actively encouraged to register professionally. I will be supported through this process with a Spirax mentor. I struggled to think of a worst thing about my job. I'd say that the best part for me (the 6 month rotation) could also be the hardest part for someone else. It means that within the first two years there will be four different moves in style and position of job within the company. Therefore it may not be suitable for someone who dislikes change.
7.3
3.7/5
Date added: 10th February 2015 by Anonymous
The main attraction for me to Spirax is the flexibility of the Graduate Leadership scheme. I am able to choose my 6 month placements for 2 years. There is also opportunity to go abroad for 6 months. Spirax is a global company but it takes great interest in their Graduates. The scheme can very much be altered depending on what your interests are and what jobs you enjoy doing. Responsibility is given very early on which gives you pride over your 6 month placement of what you have achieved.There are only two main technical departments within the headquarters in Cheltenham and therefore there is little choice to complete your Chartership. This is still possible; however there are limited job roles for technical process engineers which are popular roles for Chemical Engineers.
Oil and Petrochemical
8.6
4.3/5
Date added: 10th February 2015 by Anonymous
The company: - International opportunities. High level of input over where you are placed for you international placement. Other international opportunities crop up regularly. - Spirax is a great sized company, small enough that you have great exposure and access to different functions and aspects of the business but large enough to provide ample opportunities in the UK and abroad. Job: - The most diverse scheme I could find in providing placements that would give commercial, technical and international experience. - It's a scheme focussed on developing leadership. By the second year of the scheme you'll have likely done two presentations to the board, and have been asigned a director as a personal mentor. - Being a relatively new and small graduate scheme means that the company is very responsive in both seeking and acting on feedback to refine and improve.