Tamdown Group Reviews

All of the below job reviews are anonymously written by graduates and apprentices working at Tamdown Group to provide you with a unique insight into working there.

7.6
3.8/5
Date added: 08th April 2016 by Anonymous
Excellent on the job training. Assistance is always around the corner. Challenging work on a daily basis. Excellent team framework. Recognition for hard work. Employment perks. Can become stressful at times. Workload can become too much at times.
Quantity Surveyor
Braintree
8.3
4.2/5
Date added: 08th April 2016 by Anonymous
The best thing about working for Tamdown has been the way I have been accepted into the company and the help I have received from everybody. No matter the question or the time of day everyone has been open and welcoming to help which I feel has my made start to life at Tamdown an easy one.The one thing I find annoying at the moment is the speed in which the company completes tasks that are spoken about. I just feel that could be slightly 'slicker' going forward. However I have noticed a difference since I have started.
Commercial graduate
Tamdown/Surveying
9.8
4.9/5
Date added: 08th April 2016 by Anonymous
The job is very mentally stimulating. I am exposed to many departments simultaneously and I am having site visits to different projects other than the one I am immersed in. Seniors, managers and young colleagues are very proactive and comforting to resort to. I feel like a valued young member of an organisation who is striving and has full credibility to become a market leader and I am proud to be part of it all. Not applicable at the moment.
Graduate engineer
Site
6.9
3.5/5
Date added: 07th April 2016 by Anonymous
Friendly / accommodating for me to learn and progress in my career.Technologically dated.
Site Manager
8.7
4.4/5
Date added: 24th March 2016 by Anonymous
The empowerment given by the management team for you to make decisions and be responsible for your role and the work you produce. I also love the people that I work with - we all have common goals and a good working culture that really makes Tamdown a pleasure to be a part of.Flexibility in hours - sometimes you have to go beyond the call of duty to get your work done due to the nature of the industry.
Estimator
Estimating
4.5/5
Date added: 21st March 2016 by Anonymous
The working environment in the office and the people you work with. The directors and colleagues are attentive to your needs as a graduate and look after you to make sure you are learning. Each day is different. Hard work is required so the job doesn't consist of easy and mundane tasks. The company isn't just about working hard, they offer a lot of company functions. Working around knowledgeable people is very helpful as they are always there to offer assistance. The company uses long processes and some outdated to complete tasks, however with the aid from the colleagues, the processes are being addressed and redeveloped. The facilities are outdated.
Quantity Surveyor
Date added: 21st March 2016 by Anonymous
Friendly atmosphere around the office and company and everyone is willing to help and mentor you to help undertake your job role and develop further into your role. Company makes sure that the company gets together on a monthly basis and treat the employers to a meal on them. Half day birthdays so you can spend some time off on your birthday. Graduate scheme allows you to see the different aspects of the business and they assign you a mentor in each department that you work closely with and help become better within that department. Annual triathlon and BBQ to help integrate new teams members, build relationships with new and existing clients and most importantly raising money for brilliant causes.
Commercial Graduate
Commercial
8.6
4.3/5
Date added: 24th February 2015 by Anonymous
Support and Development Good company perks Friendly working enviromentPay Office Location
Commercial Graduate
Shell and Core
8.8
4.4/5
Date added: 24th February 2015 by Anonymous
Very few companies let you move through a range of departments, like Tamdown does. This gives the individual the opportunity to pick up a range of skills as they move through the departments as well as leaning how the company works as one body. In 6 months I have been on a steep learning curve at learnt more than I could of orginally imagined. Everyone is extrememly motivated to help you and the Chairman regularly meets with you to track your progression. The flexibilty of the graduate programme has also allowed me to work around things that I might not enjoy and move me onto something that I'd be better suited at. I hold the choices on my graduate programme rather than somebody else.
Graduate
High Rise
8.2
4.1/5
Date added: 23rd February 2015 by Anonymous
Pushed to achieve, develop and not held backIt's a growing company in the high rise field
Site engineer