Travis Perkins Reviews

All of the below job reviews are anonymously written by graduates and apprentices working at Travis Perkins to provide you with a unique insight into working there.

8.6
4.3/5
Date added: 11th February 2016 by Anonymous
One of the best things about working for this company is not only the diversity of the roles that are available but also the family and friends feel that seems to populate it. Everyone no matter what their role treats everyone with the same level of respect.
Graduate Planning Business Analyst
Planning Team
7.1
3.6/5
Date added: 08th February 2016 by Anonymous
A very friendly atmosphere.At times can be an unfocused working environment.
eCommerce Operations Analyst
eCommerce Operations
7.5
3.8/5
Date added: 05th February 2016 by Anonymous
I love the culture of Travis Perkins and the way we all work together as ONE!There is always room for improvements and at TP I feel they could make it a little bit more of a structured scheme.
IT Graduate
Service Development and Change
8.1
4.1/5
Date added: 04th February 2016 by Anonymous
I see a lot of opportunites to create delightful IT solutions.They are not used to having that many intakes.
Business Analyst
Web
Date added: 04th February 2016 by Anonymous
I've been supported throughout my time at Travis Perkins. My managers have always had my career aspirations at the forefront of their minds and have therefore presented opportunities to me. If they see potential in you then they go above and beyond to develop you. For example, I was promoted within 8 months of joining and then promoted again 7 months later. There is definitely a lack of structure and clarity around some projects, plans and work. We are very agile and fast-paced and sometimes this leads to plans changing and people changing their minds on what they want!
Career Sector: Arts & Media
Marketing Manager
8.1
4.1/5
Date added: 04th February 2016 by Anonymous
The best thing about working at Travis Perkins is that the company has a very positive family feel and I am given lots of responsibility even though I am only a graduate.
Graduate
Infrastructure Deployment
7.8
3.9/5
Date added: 04th February 2016 by Anonymous
The family feel of the work environment is genuine. It's a safe place to work in as wellThere does not seem to be a clear prospective map as to where the company intends to be with regards to their systems improvement and the role of their software engineers in that change.
Graduate Software Engineer
Central Functions
9.8
4.9/5
Date added: 03rd February 2016 by Anonymous
A graduate position at Travis Perkins is a really special one! The culture and people are so friendly and inspiring! It was an excellent step out of Uni and into the workforce. At this entry stage of my career, I feel that TP can provide me with what I need the most, which is a massive amount of experience and the possibility to be able to work with experienced engineers on the latest technology. It is exciting to work for such a big company, where I have been involved in important projects right from the start. I also have the power to choose my career path and how I will get there.I wasn't able to step out of the rotations when I requested to stay at the place I knew I would be going back to.
IT Graduate
DevOps/Northampton
8.4
4.2/5
Date added: 03rd February 2016 by Anonymous
The atmosphere, family feeling, everyone is willing to help and no one is pointing fingers/ we share the blame. The thought around it is we make mistakes in order to learn from them. Great exposure and experience in new technologies and services as the IT Management is willing to experiment and embrace the new and innovation.Unfortunately the salary is lower than it is in other places not making it very attractive.
IT Graduate / Project Coordinator
Infrastructure Deployment Project Management Team
7.6
3.8/5
Date added: 03rd February 2016 by Anonymous
Friendly environment, excellent in-take of grads, patient staff.Range of technologies is huge which can be confusing/overwhelming. Using an older programming language while attempting to switch over to a more modern language.
Software Engineer