VOLKSWAGEN Group UK Graduate Reviews

Employer: VOLKSWAGEN Group UK
4.3
4.3/5 average employee rating (as reviewed by 27 people)

All of the below job reviews are anonymously written by graduates working at VOLKSWAGEN Group UK to provide you with a unique insight into working there.

7.9
Date added: 27th January 2016 by Anonymous
One of the best things about VWG is the friendly environment where you are encouraged to get involved in as much as you can, and you are given real responsibilities. The benefits are a real plus, from the car scheme to having occupational health on site. If you are unsure of where you see your career progressing, this scheme is perfect as you have the opportunity to complete a number of different roles in different areas of the business. There are perhaps more company politics at play here than I have previously experienced, but I think this partly comes with the nature of being a large business.
Product Marketing Executive
Product Marketing
4.5/5
Date added: 14th January 2016 by Anonymous
Benefits - The salary, holiday entitlement and car allowance make one almighty package. Responsibility - you don't make the tea and coffee on the VWG graduate scheme. You get given real full-time jobs, with real responsibility and you're expected to perform to match that. People - Creating a professional network for yourself is hugely important at VWG, and you couldn't enjoy doing that without a great set of switched on & intelligent people to network with. Milton Keynes.
Business Project Manager
Group Commercial Services
8.2
4.1/5
Date added: 14th January 2016 by Anonymous
There are lots of amazing things about the graduate programme. First of all being the variety of work experience I have been able to gain - in terms of the type of work completed, businesses I interact with, number of departments I am exposed to and challenges I am faced with each day. The structure of the organisation means from day to day I could be working with head office colleagues from different departments and with different agendas, the Factories based in Germany, and the retail network who deal directly with customers. Since working here I have never had a boring day, or a day I am clock watching. I am constantly learning and developing meaning I am building credibility at a rapid rate - which is difficult to attain as a graduate with limited experience compared to colleagues. These opportunities are created by the industry I am in and also the rotations within the programme. Within 3 years of joining I will have worked within 3 brands, and completed a 1 year international placement in Germany with the Audi Factory. Within 3 years I will have built a CV that Is unrivalled compared to other graduate programmes. The best thing about working here, is the opportunity that it gives you. With the right attitude, you can achieve rapid progression and success. You can see this by the ages of senior managers. It is also great to see a good mix of female employees in our business. If you want to specialise in a certain area, this is not the programme for you. You have to be open to many different departments and accept that you cannot have full control over where you work on the graduate programme. However you can create opportunities for yourself, and you will build skills and knowledge of all areas of the business following this model.
Career Sector: Arts & Media
Graduate Programme (current Customer Quality & Network Development)
Graduate Programme
8.4
Date added: 11th January 2016 by Anonymous
Level of responsibility, support of company and opportunities to progress and learn.The current view of the employer from the general public.
Career Sector: Arts & Media
Skoda Fleet communication and performance executive
Automotive fleet
8.4
Date added: 07th January 2016 by Anonymous
Job rotation Job diversity Working with class leading products
8.7
4.4/5
Date added: 06th January 2016 by Anonymous
The ability to get involved in a number of different projects and workstreams across the organisation; not specifically in one brand.
Digital and CRM Executive
Marketing
8.3
Date added: 06th January 2016 by Anonymous
Career prospects, benefitsLocation, small bonus
7.9
Date added: 06th January 2016 by Anonymous
Great company car scheme, a culture of personal development and friendly colleagues throughout the business.High expectations and occasional pressure - but this in itself is a perfect opportunity to learn and progress.
Career Sector: Buying and Selling
Career: Sales
Sales Programmes Executive
Sales Operations
8.2
4.1/5
Date added: 10th February 2015 by Anonymous
Company Car Scheme Benefits Responsibility in role Range of roles available Future employment
Fleet Communications and Performance Executive
FLEET
8.9
4.5/5
Date added: 09th February 2015 by Anonymous
With five brands in one building, there are plenty of opportunities to progress your career. The rotational graduate scheme gives you the opportunity to network with the different brands and teams, which allows you to understand where you would enjoy working the most, and sets you up to do so after the scheme finishes.A positive is that you are given business critical tasks and have to take real responsibility which is a great thing to experience and take ownership of, but sometimes these sometimes can result in early mornings and late nights.
Group Vehicle Planning Executive