Goldcrest offer a rigorous and challenging programme designed to equip graduates with the skills and experience necessary for an accelerated career in property development. Graduates on our programme perform ‘real work’ and will have unparalleled exposure to the property industry. Throughout the programme graduates will be part of a wider development team that includes architects, planning consultants, surveyors, etc.
Graduates will assist with the acquisition of land to deliver profitable sites suitable for development of 10-500 residential or student housing units often with significant commercial elements.
- Building relationships with agents, property consultants and land owners
- Identifying sites which match the Company’s acquisition criteria
- Conducting on-site appraisals to evaluate various aspects of a site’s potential
- Prior to acquisition, assisting in the due diligence process
- Post acquisition, assisting with achieving outstanding planning consents.
What makes a land developer at Goldcrest?
Our Graduate Land Development Programme assumes no prior knowledge – although we expect graduates to learn quickly. A strong interest in property development is critical and industry experience is advantageous. A driving licence and own transport are key requirements for this role. We are looking for candidates with good A levels and a 2:1 or higher, ideally in a property related degree.
- Confidence – a ‘go anywhere, do anything’ attitude
- Initiative – a self starter
- Commitment – a tremendous capacity for hard work
- Tenacity – never takes no for an answer
- Attention to detail – sets standards for quality
- Entrepreneurial drive – an uncanny knack of spotting hidden value.
Training and Development
The programme blends on-the-job learning, coaching and formal training. One aspect that sets Goldcrest’s programme apart is the mentoring provided by senior management. Graduates have the opportunity to meet with senior management on a one-to-one basis, providing unparalleled guidance and support that is vital for individual development and growth.
The 2 year Graduate Programme starts in early October and is based in our London office. You will gain a strong knowledge of the industry and of the Goldcrest business model. There are quarterly Personal Development Assessments designed to monitor your progress. It is important that key milestones are achieved and that you maintain a strong commitment and motivation towards your responsibilities.
Our Graduate Programme provides the Company with Directors of the future, which means we take your development very seriously.
- England - London