Larking Gowen is one of East Anglia’s leading Independent Accountancy Firms. We provide integrated advice and solutions to help our clients achieve their goals and stay ahead in a changing world. The services we offer range from Audit to Business Advisory and as a firm we are continuously evolving to ensure we remain the partner of choice for our clients.
Alongside this we follow two core values which underpin everything that we do – “passion for our people” and “client value and service”.
“Passion for our people” means that our people are the heart of our business. We value the work our teams do and to reward their dedication and contribution we offer competitive pay and excellent benefits, an award winning wellbeing programme and development opportunities across a range of exciting careers.
We would not be a business without our great clients, so a focus on “client value and service” ensures we are working together as one Firm to deliver exceptional support to our clients, whatever their circumstances and ambitions.
Our mission over the coming years is to continue to build our business through the quality of our client work and the strength of our employment proposition.
We have an exciting future ahead and it would be great if you could join us…
A new opportunity has arisen for an Accounts Assistant to join our Farms and Landed Estates team in Norwich. In the role you will assist in the preparation of accounts for companies, partnerships and sole traders, drafting tax computations, preparing VAT returns, while providing a hands on compliance role.
To be successful in this role you will need to be:
- Great at organising people, tasks and workload
- Adaptable and tenacious when working towards a solution
- A good collaborator and develop relationships with people at all levels of the firm and with external training and service providers
- A strong multitasker able to manage a number of different tasks to completion in a timely manner
- An excellent administrator and able to observe a high level of confidentiality and discretion
In return you will have support to establish your career with Larking Gowen at a pace that suits you both personally and professionally. Here are just some of the other benefits we offer:
Flexible benefits including Cycle to Work Scheme, pension salary exchange, holiday purchase, discounted gym membership, on-line benefits platform with healthcare, retail and leisure offers and discounts
- Regular sports and social events and team activities
- Award winning wellbeing programme that includes charity events, dress down days, holistic therapies, pension investment advice, monthly wellbeing newsletter, webinars and dedicated Wellbeing Champions at every office
- Employee Assistance Programme providing advice, support and counselling services
We know that benefits are important and can be personal so feel free to ask us what we can offer you.
More information on the role – key tasks (not exhaustive)
- Assists in the preparation of accounts for companies, partnerships and sole traders.
- Works within budgets set at the planning stage.
- Working with other team members to prepare accounts
- Ensures the efficient use of appropriate software packages internally and supporting clients’ accounting systems.
- Maintain an up to date understanding of tax clients’ businesses and personal affairs
- Maintain a good working relationship with clients
- Have an awareness of the wide range of Larking Gowen services and spot opportunities to potentially sell these services to clients
- Take an active role in business development, and promoting the firm in the local area
Additional qualifications and Experience
Ideally you will be AAT qualified and you will be able to demonstrate equivalent knowledge and understanding of working with external clients.
You will need to competently use Microsoft packages, internet, email and bespoke accounts software.
This role will best suit someone who has previous experience of working in an Accounts role with experience of accounts preparation.
We look forward to welcoming your application.