Build more than just your career
At Avison Young, people are at the heart of what we do. We have a rich heritage that we’re proud of, but we’re equally as excited about our vision for the future of the UK. Here, you’ll be building more than just your career.
A bit about the role
Avison Young’s Research team provides high quality analysis and information to the business and its clients.
Our market commentaries and innovative topic pieces explore where change is occurring in our markets and drive industry debate. The team also provides property market, economic and demographic information to fee earners across the firm, and produces bespoke advice and research tailored to the needs of specific clients.
The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering research publications and presentations across a broad range of topics relating primarily to residential real estate.
Main Duties and responsibilities
- Supporting the team in delivering high quality research on the UK’s commercial property markets
- Preparing datasets on the central London and key regional office markets, as well as the UK distribution market
- Undertaking analysis on the above markets and making written contributions to bulletins and client reports
- Assisting with our retail market analysis, including the provision of demographic and retail expenditure information
- Helping to maximise our use of the internal and external data we hold
- Assisting the team as required with information gathering through desktop research, telephone research and from Avison Young’s fee earners.
Who are we looking for?
The candidate should be educated to degree level and have the enthusiasm to develop a career in real estate. Experience in economics, geography or real estate would be advantageous.
We value candidates who aren’t afraid to step up and change the game. With that in mind, we’re looking for:
- A team player who is also able to lead with humility
- An ability to think innovatively, and to challenge for the better
- Strong attention to detail
- A strong drive for results, with an unwavering focus on the end game
- The desire to adapt to anything, and demonstrate agility when things don’t go to plan
- A passion for building great relationships with external and internal clients
- An ability to look ahead, and to understand the commercial landscape
- A talent for inspiring and energising those around you
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office – particularly Excel
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- An ability to write commentary and present information across a range of formats
Although we consider academic achievements, your individual strengths and passion for the industry are far more important to us. We are open to applicants from all degree disciplines. If you believe that you would be a great fit for our programme, we would love for you to apply.
For more information, feel free to contact the Future Talent Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Best of luck with your application!
Avison Young are an equal opportunities employer
The candidate should be educated to degree level and have enthusiasm to develop a career in real estate. Experience in economics, geography or real estate would be advantageous.
Please apply online here
- Research and Data Analysis
- England - London