We’re probably the biggest name you’ve never heard of. You’ve almost certainly eaten our food – you just didn’t realise it! As global leaders in the fresh prepared food industry with over 16,000 employees, we create innovative products, including meals, soups, dips, salads, desserts, pizzas and bread for customers including Tesco, M&S, Sainsbury’s and Waitrose in the UK. We’re ambitious, full of ideas, and we’re keen to find more people who share our passion for quality food to join us. We’re looking for the next generation of talented individuals to join Bakkavor and drive our success.
As well as being the leading provider of fresh prepared food in the UK, we also have a growing international presence in the US and China. Our headquarters are in London, and we have 19 factories in the UK, 5 in the US and 9 in China.
If you share our passion for great food and our strong values, then this company is for you!
We have a diverse range of career opportunities and programmes available for you to kick start your career and make a real impact in the food industry.
We are looking for motivated undergraduates who have a keen ambition to gain experience within the Commercial Team at Bakkavor working with UK Grocery Retailers. This is a 12-month placement aimed at those who elect to complete a year-in-industry as part of their degree. There are opportunities to return to Bakkavor once you have completed your undergraduate degree.
Our Commercial Sales & Management Placement
If you share our passion for great food, you can expect to receive opportunities, development, and support to enable you to learn and grow throughout your placement. Expect to gain skills in a range of areas such as commercial systems and processes, performance measures, category management principles and expect to develop a greater understanding of the UK Grocery Retail market. You will work within a fast-paced environment where teamwork is essential – you will learn about the process of developing new food products, food manufacturing and the supply chain of getting food onto Retailer’s shelves and finally into shopper’s baskets. This entry-level placement will be perfect for someone who is in the process of studying a Business or Food Science degree with the aim of entering this field upon obtaining their qualification, however, if you have a passion for food and are studying towards another degree then please do still apply.
You will be based at one of our customer hubs in either London Park Royal, Spalding in Lincolnshire or Wigan in Cheshire and will be provided with a broad range of activities and projects. The placement will be for 12 months and will start in July 2024.
A full UK driving licence and own transport is preferred for Lincolnshire placements as some of our sites and suppliers are not always readily accessible by Public Transport.
WHAT WILL THE PLACEMENT OFFER YOU?
Our Placement programme is designed to broaden your perspective and offer you a variety of learning opportunities as an entry into the food industry. On the Placement, you’ll receive:
- Reward Package
- A salary of £21,000 per annum
- Relocation Financial Assistance
- Access to Bakkavor benefits, such as a discount platform
- Career Experience, Skills & Responsibility
- An experienced line manager who will complete regular performance reviews and support you through a skills chart checklist of experience
- Providing everything goes to plan, due to Bakkavor’s size and breadth, we will work with you to identify the right career opportunities for your professional development once you complete your degree. This could be a direct entry role, or as part of the Graduate or Apprentice programmes.
- You’ll take responsibility for your work area and personal development from day one, however full in role training will be provided.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO APPLY:
The most important thing for us is a motivated attitude to develop your skills and an ambition to progress within the food industry.
We do have some criteria that we will be looking for – you’ll need these to pass our assessment screening process:
- Ideally studying towards a Business related or Food Science degree, however the opportunity is not exclusive to these degrees, if you have a passion for food and are studying towards another degree then please apply.
- Demonstrated experience of working as part of a team
- An existing ‘right to work’ in the UK, we are unable to sponsor visas as part of the Placement
- A clearly articulated motivation to learn more about the food industry
- A desire to learn how Commercial teams support Business success and drive engaging and valued partnerships with our customers
- An ability to apply practical ideas and demonstrate your adaptability
- A curiosity to explore, learn and show initiative
- An ability to demonstrate good attention to detail
- A full UK driver’s licence with own transport is preferred for Cheshire and Lincolnshire placements as our locations and suppliers are not always readily accessible by public transport
All placements are subject to successful right to work checks, and eligibility to work in the UK.
Our Placements are for people who can think bigger and grow faster. We created them to offer opportunities to students who are looking for quality experience in the food industry. To learn more and apply online, visit: https://Bakkavor/Early-Careers/
After applying, you can expect to complete some initial questions around some relevant scenarios at Bakkavor, followed by an online psychometric test and short video reflection. If successful, we will invite you to an assessment centre in January or February 2024. These interviews are for a July 2024 start on the Placement. If you have any queries about this programme, or the recruitment process, please contact us at: [email protected]