We’re building Tomorrow’s Connections Today, bringing people together through the power of technology. Liberty Global’s businesses connect over 85 million subscribers across the UK and Europe. We’re creating national champions, operating under brands such as Virgin Media O2 in the UK, Vodafone Ziggo in The Netherlands, Telenet in Belgium, Sunrise in Switzerland, Virgin Media in Ireland and UPC in Slovakia.
We connect more than 11 million customers in six countries across Europe. It’s a fast-moving, dynamic business environment. Our Cybersecurity team reduces risk and increases trust by delivering high-quality, innovative security services in support of business objectives.
Join us on our dedicated graduate scheme, and you’ll gain in-depth experience of our Cybersecurity operations, while developing your expertise, studying towards internationally recognised qualifications, and laying the groundwork for a future leadership career and earning a salary of £40,000!
What to expect
Our scheme consists of rotations across a range of teams over the course of three years. During your first year, you’ll spend your time building knowledge in our three core areas – Security Architecture & Engineering, Operational Security, and Information Security – through a series of 4-month rotations. Your second year will be spent building your expertise over two 6-month rotations, before focusing on one of the specialist areas in your third year, including:
- Architecture & Engineering – driving agreed detailed security requirements across all organisational products and services; security validation and penetration testing; application code reviews
- Customer Internet Security– Operational Security Tooling capabilities, crypto and certificate services; domain and brand protection
- Security Governance, Risk & Resilience – managing business continuity and business resilience; cyber security risk; security policies and standards; vendor risk management
- Cyber Defence Centre and Cyber Emergency Response – monitoring a range of telecom networks, service platforms, IT and office applications; network hygiene;
- Threat & Vulnerability Management – providing threat intelligence and forensics such as analytics and assessments of internal and external threats and vectors (phishing, sensitive data, credentials, remote working etc.)
- Information Security – security focal point for new M&A activity, provision of strategic security recommendations across the business, and the delivery of a mature security awareness culture through engagement, consultancy, and education
“After attending the assessment centre during my application, it was clear that whilst Liberty Global is a large organisation, the culture was more welcoming and more aligned to me than the Big 4, for example. Additionally, from a cybersecurity perspective working for an organisation that provides broadband, video and mobile communications is an excellent learning opportunity.”
Lani Allan – Cybersecurity Graduate
What we look for
We’re looking for graduates with an analytical approach, who are high-reaching and keen to pursue a career in cybersecurity. We want to see your passion for technology, your confidence in pushing the boundaries and your creative approach. We’re more interested in your qualities rather than specific qualifications. Other qualities we would like to see in graduates include:
- Solution led approach
Our purpose is building Tomorrow’s Connections Today, and our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion vision is at the core of this. We believe in creating a culture that empowers our colleagues to achieve their potential and bring their whole selves to work every day. We are committed to taking on discrimination in all its forms and being a positive force for good in the world today.
- England - London