About Swiss Re
Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. We anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
At Swiss Re we combine experience with creative thinking and cutting-edge expertise to create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. This is possible thanks to the collaboration of our 15,000 employees across the world.
We offer a flexible working environment where curious and adaptable people thrive. Are you interested in joining us?
About the Programme
We are looking for graduates with strong interpersonal skills, who are eager to learn and broaden their knowledge and expertise. You have a Bachelor, Master or PhD degree with up to 3 years professional experience – we invite you to apply to our graduates@swissre programme 2021.
The programme offers you the chance to join the dynamic, fast-moving world of a leading risk knowledge organisation. Over an 18-month period, you’ll receive on- and off-the-job training, including a job rotation that gives you the opportunity to work across different business units.
About the role
As a member of the team you are involved in a broad range of work that covers the range of our responsibilities listed above. You work closely colleagues in the other Actuarial Control Teams, the wider Risk Management teams, and actuarial and other teams across the Group outside Risk Management and Actuarial. You develop programming, statistical modelling, data science skills as they apply in a wide range of actuarial work and you develop communication and consultative skills through interaction and advisory with a wide range of stakeholders.
About the team
The Model Development and Analytics Team in Actuarial Control enables teams across Swiss Re to combine their domain knowledge with programming, automation, data science and communications skills in their day to day work. We:
• upskill users and facilitate hands-on workshops that help business users seek business-as-usual cases using standard methodology programming and data science skills
• provide strategic advice on modeling and data analytics projects
• support teams in building data analytics solutions
• maintain standard methodology guidelines for topics on programming, statistical modelling data science and communication
• build a collaborative community on modelling, data science and analytics
• collaborate with other teams involved in Data Science initiatives
• are a rotation hub for experience professionals to develop their programming, data science and interpersonal skills
• coordinate with IT on data analytics projects and IT infrastructure
• coordinate with IT and Risk Control Teams on Governance matters around model risk
The team’s remit is global and spans both Life & Health as well as Property & Casualty business and provides support to the Group Chief Actuary and through a dotted line to the Risk Management Division Operating Officer we support the Group Chief Risk Officer
What are we looking for in a successful candidate?
• You have successfully completed your university degree in a quantitative field such as Actuarial Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or any other degree with some quantitative component
• Willingness to pursue a professional actuarial qualification such as Fellowship to the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries.
• Ability to grasp new concepts quickly and develop these into practical solutions
• Ability to break down complex concepts and share insights to non-technical audience
• Ability to produce high quality technical work in a time pressured environment
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team
• Highly upbeat and motivated
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with good spoken and written English
• Attention to detail without losing track of the bigger picture
• Experience in handling large and complex data sets (or ability to learn how to)
• Experience is using statistical modelling and data science techniques (or ability to learn)
• Experience or ability to learn programming languages such as R, Python, Matlab, SAS
Reference Code: 93152
Job Segment: Database, Data Analyst, Developer, Risk Management, Actuarial, Technology, Data, Finance, Insurance
- Insurance Actuarial and Risk
- England - London