This is an exciting opportunity within our site based Financial teams, who work closely with all areas of the business around the fast-paced fresh prepared food industry. This is a 12-month placement aimed at those who elect to complete a year-in-industry as part of their degree. There are opportunities to return to Bakkavor once you have completed your undergraduate degree.
- If you share our values and passion for great food, you can expect to receive opportunities, development and support to enable you to learn and grow throughout your placement.
- You can expect to gain key skills in basic accountancy and finance and from day one you will play a pivotal part in the decision-making processes that help our business to grow and thrive.
- This entry-level placement will be perfect for undergraduates who are interested in gaining skills and experience in a Finance role, in a consumer goods company.
- We will consider candidates from all degree disciplines.
- Those candidates who complete successful placements will also be given the opportunity to re-join Bakkavor on our Graduate Programme (CIMA accredited) post-qualification.
Locations: Placements will either be in Lincolnshire or London (there is an additional living allowance for London placements)
Length: 12 months, starting July 2023
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO APPLY:
The most important thing for us is a motivated attitude to develop your skills and an ambition to learn more about Finance in the Food Industry.
We do have some criteria that we will be looking for – you’ll need these to pass our assessment screening process:
- Are currently studying towards a degree
- Demonstrated experience of working as part of a team
- An existing ‘right to work’ in the UK, we are unable to sponsor visas as part of the Placement
- A desire to learn how food manufacturing works and to get into the detail of:
- Factory performance reporting
- Commercial appraisal
- New Product Development costing
- The ability to demonstrate excellent analytical and numerical skills.
- An ability to apply practical ideas and demonstrate your adaptability
- A curiosity to explore, learn and show initiative
- An ability to demonstrate good attention to detail
- A willingness to study the CIMA qualification upon completion of your degree (as this is a requirement to join our Finance graduate programme)
- Ideally, a full UK driver’s licence, as our locations and suppliers are not always readily accessible by public transport
All placements are subject to successful right to work checks, and eligibility to work in the UK.
WHAT WILL THE PLACEMENT OFFER YOU?
Our Placement programme is designed to broaden your perspective and offer you a variety of learning opportunities as an entry into the food industry. On the Placement, you’ll receive:
- Reward Package
- A salary of £19,000 per annum (additional allowance is provided for extra living costs in London placements)
- Relocation Financial Assistance
- Access to Bakkavor benefits, such as a discount platform
- Career Experience, Skills & Responsibility
- An experienced Line Manager who will complete regular performance reviews and support you through a skills chart checklist of experience
- Providing everything goes to plan, due to Bakkavor’s size and breadth, we are able to work with you to identify the right career opportunities for your professional development once you complete your degree. This could be a direct entry role, or as part of the Graduate or Apprentice programmes.
- You’ll take responsibility for your work area and personal development from day one.
Our Placements are for people who can think bigger and grow faster. We created them to offer opportunities to students who are looking for quality experience in the food industry. To learn more and apply online, visit https://fierileadership.com/bakkavor-early-careers/
After applying, you can expect to complete some initial questions around some relevant scenarios at Bakkavor, followed by an online psychometric test and short video reflection. If successful, we will invite you to an assessment centre in January or February. These interviews are for a July 2023 start on the Placement
If you have any queries about this programme, or the recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected].