Want a degree without debt?
Want a permanent job now, not the hope of one sometime in the future?
Avara Foods Engineering Degree Apprenticeship is ideal for those who want to study towards a degree, and work at the same time.
Successful Degree Apprentices will graduate from Harper Adams University with a BEng (Hons) Food Engineering degree, and have the skills and experience for a rewarding career in the Food sector.
Food manufacturing is the largest sector in the UK and it needs new talent to help feed the world’s rapidly expanding population. Avara Foods have advanced manufacturing facilities and really are ‘best in class’. Our passion for growth is clear in the 18,000 hours spent on new product development every year.
After 5 years you will have a degree, 5 years relevant experience and it won’t cost you a penny in university fees.
Avara Foods is a lead supplier of chicken, turkey and duck products into an impressive range of customers in the UK retail and food service sectors. We are a fully integrated business controlling the whole product supply chain, which include feed mills, farms, hatcheries and factories with associated transport and logistics functions that employ more than 6,000 people.
The growth of our business is based on providing a high quality, affordable products and delivering great service levels to our customers. This is achieved by investing in people, utilising the latest technology and being uncompromising in our commitment to high quality and food standards.
Importantly, you will have a community around you of like-minded apprentices who are part of the 5 year programme. You will start your journey together in September and soon have everything you need to know to kick-start your amazing career at Avara Foods.
Currently we have vacancies located in Brackley, Hereford and Telford to start in September 2020.
You will be based at one of our main sites and released on a 1 week block residential per module to study at Harper Adams University, near Telford; residential costs will be met by Avara.
What are the key benefits of a Degree Apprenticeship?
- Full-time permanent role from day one along with a competitive starting salary
- Study part-time for your degree through Harper Adams University – whilst being able to put your new skills into practice in your day to day role
- A supportive environment, with flexibility for study leave
- Did we mention it’s 100% free? We’re sponsoring the costs of your degree – You will get the best of both worlds – with all the benefits of a job with an industry leading company, with being a student at one of the best universities in the UK.*
What’s the catch you ask? Well actually there isn’t one…but we do ask that you’re as passionate as we are about innovation and technology and how it can be applied in the real world.
- High analytical capability
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability and willingness to travel to different offices and client sites
- Passion for technology
- Good team working and communications skills
What we are looking for
You will need to be enthusiastic and well-disciplined as our degree apprenticeship is heavily focused on attitude and behaviour. In addition you will need to exhibit initiative, and be reliable and conscientious. Excellent communication skills are essential, as is the ability to think logically and to work both independently and as part of a team. You will be required to travel to different offices and sites.
*This programme is designed for those with A-levels or equivalent, but no degree. Applicants that do not have the below qualifications may still meet the entry requirements based on their work experience and will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
To be eligible, you need:
- 7 GCSE’s A-C including Maths and English (4-9)
Plus one of the following:
- 96 UCAS points at A Level including Maths and a STEM subject
- Food & Drink Maintenance Engineer Advanced Apprenticeship Level 3
- D*DD (minimum 12 units at D & an appropriate Level 3 Maths Unit at Distinction) – BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma
- D*DD (minimum 12 units at D & an appropriate Level 3 Maths Unit at Distinction) – City & Guilds Level 3 Extended diploma
We are committed to making sure our employees reap rewards of commitment and great performance. You will enjoy a secure, supportive and progressive working environment, where your contribution and achievements will be recognised and rewarded.
We offer comprehensive training as well as development and career progression opportunities. You can also look forward to benefits that amongst other things include the following:
- Private healthcare
- Generous pension scheme
- Group income protection
- Lifestyle benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme
- Discounted shopping vouchers and subsided gym membership
How to apply
To apply or find out more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What happens next?
If your application for a Degree Apprenticeship is short listed, you will be asked to complete a telephone interview. If you are successful there, the next stage will be a selection day consisting of an interview, site tour and practical exercises. We will keep you updated at every stage of the process.
If you would like further information please contact us on email@example.com
Avara Foods is committed to being an equal opportunities employer.
*Harper Adams University was voted UK’s best Modern University 2017 and 2018.