Get ready to go on a fast-moving learning journey at FirstGroup. Going on a variety of placements with teams across the UK, you’ll move around our network, learning on-the-job with our industry experts. Getting stuck into real-life projects, you’ll gain hands-on experience and set your sights on a management career.
If you have or are expecting a good degree, your career journey here can take you in different directions. You can make a difference to the lives of our customers with our operations, engineering, asset management, commercial, finance or support teams.
- Rail Engineering – Gain Chartered Engineer status and learn about depot management and vehicle servicing with our UK rail franchises. This IMechE aligned scheme is affiliated to the Rail Delivery Group.
- Rail Operations – Make a big impact on our operations and get to grips with project and contract management. You’ll experience life in our train, station and customer service teams with our UK rail franchises.
- Finance – Spending time in our Group and Operating Companies’ Finance teams, you’ll experience many different areas of finance. You’ll also receive the support you need to become a Chartered Accountant.
- Rail Commercial – At Great Western Railway, you’ll start by focusing on research, analysis or project delivery. You’ll manage projects and experience life in our train services, retail, marketing and business management teams.
- Property/Asset Management – Developing your property and project management skills, you’ll get to grips with planning, development and compliance. You’ll also become a qualified Project Manager and go on a placement with UK Rail.
As a leading transport services operator in the UK and North America, FirstGroup provide easy and convenient mobility, improving quality of life by connecting people and communities. Our graduate programme offers the training, mentorship and support you need to achieve your ambitions.