About Swiss Re
Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. We anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
At Swiss Re we combine experience with creative thinking and cutting-edge expertise to create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. This is possible thanks to the collaboration of our 15,000 employees across the world.
We offer a flexible working environment where curious and adaptable people thrive. Are you interested in joining us?
About the Programme
We are looking for graduates with strong interpersonal skills, who are eager to learn and broaden their knowledge and expertise. You have a Bachelor, Master or PhD degree with up to 3 years professional experience – we invite you to apply to our graduates@swissre programme 2021.
The programme offers you the chance to join the dynamic, fast-moving world of a leading risk knowledge organisation. Over an 18-month period, you’ll receive on- and off-the-job training, including a job rotation that gives you the opportunity to work across different business units.
About the role
As Swiss Re adopts a new financial reporting basis and implements our joint co-innovation with SAP for financial reporting, you will help guide our Life & Health Business Management teams through the change.
You will produce detailed analysis of our Life & Health business under IFRS by developing financial reporting, actuarial modelling and data science skills. You will develop communication and consultative skills by sharing insights with our teams around the world to ensure that we:
• Identify and execute on new opportunities
• Understand and optimise our Balance Sheet and Income Statement under IFRS
• Are ready to proactively manage our business under IFRS from 1st January 2024
About the team
Life & Health Business Management proactively manages our book of business, known as our In-force, and is an essential part of Swiss Re’s value creation and offering.
The expertise and dedication of multiple functions including Technical Accounting, Claims, Actuarial, Inforce management make sure that our client’s business continues to perform well once it’s on the balance sheet. Enhancing the management and value of the existing book of business is where we can really benefit our clients, in areas such as portfolio management, and provide real value to Swiss Re shareholders.
The L&H Business Management IFRS team is part of a group-wide project to convert Swiss Re from US GAAP to IFRS reporting from 1st January 2024 (as well as changes to some legal entity reporting from 1st January 2023). Our team is responsible for:
• Ensuring that our actuarial models can produce the output required under IFRS reporting
• Quantifying the financial impacts of converting the Life & Health business to IFRS
• Identifying opportunities to manage the financial performance under IFRS
What are we looking for in a successful candidate?
• You have successfully completed your university degree in a quantitative field such as Actuarial Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or any other degree with some quantitative component. Knowledge of Finance and Financial Reporting would be advantageous.
• Willingness to pursue a professional actuarial qualification such as Fellowship to the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries.
• Ability to grasp new concepts quickly and develop these into practical solutions
• Ability to break down complex concepts and share insights to non-technical audience
• Ability to produce high quality technical work in a time pressured environment
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team
• Highly upbeat and motivated
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with good spoken and written English
• Attention to detail without losing track of the bigger picture
• Experience in using actuarial modelling techniques
• Experience or ability to learn programming languages such as R, Python, SQL
Reference Code: 93158
Job Segment: ERP, Accounting, Claims, Actuarial, SAP, Technology, Finance, Insurance