Do you have strong analytical and project management skills? Are you excited by the prospect of applying state of the art technologies to generate tangible commercial value? Are you a person hungry for personal and professional growth?
If yes, we would love to get to know you. In the role as Graduate Data Engineer, you will lead and contribute to projects of global reach within the underwriting community, across our businesses. You will contribute to running and extending pivotal pieces of the Property and Casualty infrastructure that calculates automatically critical metrics for business decisions in CorSo and Reinsurance and collects the whole quantitative basis of underwriting decisions. We use this data as key input for live capacity management of insurance risks across the group and as well the data foundation for key insights used to take steering decisions. In addition to that, you will be deriving insight out of our data using state of the art technology made. We expect that during the peak renewal season, you will also working for a different team on renewal support.
Swiss Re embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We collaborate in a flexible working environment, providing all of our employees with a compelling degree of autonomy to decide how, when and where we work most effectively.
- University degree or equivalent in Science, Engineering, Business, or Economics
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills, as well as the ability to focus on details without losing track of the bigger picture
- You naturally brings individuals together as needed, across countries and functions
- You love working independently
- Experience with analytical tools, database software and the development of models is an advantage
- You navigate ambiguity in a changing environment with ease. You have the strength of character to stick to key principles and maintain integrity in challenging moments
- Programming experience in a modern programming language is a plus
- Ability to express yourself clearly in one-on-one conversations and when speaking in front of groups
- Accountancy & Insurance