Applications are open for intakes starting in April and September 2020
Firmdale Hotels is training the best of the industry’s future leaders.
Apply now to become immersed in this highly dynamic and fulfilling training programme, and gain distinction as a respected member of the Firmdale family.
What will I do?
Over two years you will build a well-rounded professional portfolio of first-hand experience, making an impact, as you progress through all hotel departments across at least two of our boutique Central London properties.
You will follow the footsteps of Firmdale graduates who, thanks to the programme, have launched into lively and exciting careers as one of our inspirational leaders.
What operational experience will I gain?
You will complete 3 highly varied operational placements:
- 1st placement (9 months) – in one hotel, you will train with all Food & Beverage teams: Restaurant / Bar / Restaurant Reservations / Host / Kitchen / Room Service / Events
- 2nd placement (9 months) – in another hotel, you will train with all Front Office teams: Reception / Room Reservations / Housekeeping / Concierge / Nights
- 3rd placement (6 months) – finally, depending on your performance in the first 18 months, you will have the opportunity to work as a Supervisor, specialising in one operational department
What else does the programme offer?
We will give you the opportunity to work with division of Firmdale based outside the hotels; we will provide you with a great variety of extra, specialised trainings; we will give you the chance to work on graduate-specific, team-orientated projects; you will have unique chances to make a significant and tangible impact on the day to day activities in our hotels; personally assigned mentors will be there to give you the support you need; and we will review your performance regularly, allowing you to develop in your roles.
Who are we looking for?
We want to employ enthusiastic, team-orientated individuals that can follow instructions, are willing to learn, and want put in the hours required. We are looking for excellently presented, natural leaders with real-world experience that can fine-tune the smallest details, and balance multiple responsibilities successfully.
We are interested in applicants that are keen to work operationally for two years in all departments, and ideally have had employment experience while studying. Hospitality experience is favourable, but not necessary – if you show the potential, we will provide the training.
We require a right to work in the UK and a degree level qualification.
But why should I choose Firmdale?
We’re a special company to work for:
- Quarterly champagne receptions and annual awards celebrating and recognising staff successes
- Colleague-to-colleague recognition rewards
- Firmdale experiences for all staff, starting after 3 months service (afternoon tea/dinner/Film Club experience/an overnight stay)
- Staff-focused ‘Wellness Wednesdays’ (pilates/yoga/massages)
- Weekly staff afternoon teas
- Social events and team activities (bowling and quiz nights/fun-runs/a football team/Christmas and summer parties)
- Hotels in vibrant areas of Central London
We have much more to offer you than just an exciting career:
- Meals on duty
- Uniform provided and cleaned
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing one day per year’s service
- Competitive salary
- Perkbox – employee perk scheme offering 100’s of discounts (flights, cinema tickets, day-out experiences, high-street shopping brands, supermarkets)
- Discounts at Design Hotels worldwide
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company-wide staff-led Environmental Social Responsibility Committee
A few of our recent awards and accolades:
- The Caterer’s 2019 & 2018 rankings of 30 Best Places to Work in Hospitality
- 67th in The Job Crowd’s Top Companies for Graduates to Work for 2019; 2nd in Hospitality, Leisure & Tourism
- Queen’s Award for Enterprise 2018
- 1st in The Caterer’s 2017 ranking of 30 Best Places to Work in Hospitality
- The Catey Award for Best Employer 2017
- The Catey Award for HR Team of the Year 2017
- The Catey Award for Restaurant Team of the Year 2017
If you are what we are looking for, and ‘Love What You Do’, then what are you waiting for?
Apply now to embark on a fun and fulfilling career with Firmdale Hotels.
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com.
Applications for the April 2020 intake will close on Friday 31st January 2020.
Applications for the September 2020 intake will close on Friday 28th February 2020.
Check out the fun we get up at work and outside of it by searching for the pages below:
“Talent Tool Box Firmdale Hotels”
- England - London