Crest Nicholson are now recruiting for its award winning 2018 Graduate Management Programme starting in September, with special emphasis on the technical and design elements of building new homes and communities.
Is your aspiration to work for a FTSE 250 residential developer? Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to learn and grow with an expanding business? Here at Crest, our focus isn’t just on building high quality new homes, we are fully committed to building sustainable communities for future generations to come. We’re proud of our track record in developing, retaining and promoting our graduates to become the inspirational leaders of our business and the industry as a whole.
The Technical Graduate Management Programme
This programme is aimed at graduates looking to develop their skills within the technical elements of construction. The technical department deals with designs, planning the development layout, investigating the feasibility of a design and the materials used from a structural engineering perspective, as well as monitoring the construction process to ensure its compliance with Crest design requirements. This is a Management Programme, therefore you will be managing the design process rather than drawing and editing designs yourself.
Degrees covering Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management and Project Management are all suitable for this programme.
Possible future career paths within the Technical Department are: Architectural Technician, Technical Manager and Technical Director.
What we offer
Our two year programme is designed to bring talented graduates into our business and create future managers and leaders. You will follow a well-structured two year programme, developing skills and expertise within your chosen discipline in year one and following a rotational programme in year two, which will expose you to the wider business, including technical, sales and marketing, customer service, land, build, and commercial.
- A programme of 14 engaging workshops delivered by Board, Division and Group directors covering the end to end cycle of residential development.
- Regular reviews and individual mentoring from a member of the Board and the divisional Managing Director.
- Support to be able to contribute to and work on real business initiatives, task and projects.
- Graduates will work on a variety of different learning projects including a design a house project where you will present your project to the Crest Nicholson board with the possibility that the design may end up being one of Crest’s future ‘house types’!
- Management Excellence Programme to develop your leadership and management fundamentals.
- Support to enable you to work towards chartered status in your chosen discipline such as RICS, CIOB or RTPI.
- Passion for creating high quality, well-designed homes and sustainable communities for our customers.
- Analytical mind – to analyse, interpret and develop innovative recommendations and solutions.
- Desire and ability to make things happen whilst maintaining integrity and quality.
- Confident in own ability to convince and influence others at all levels including board, project teams, consultants and colleagues.
- Strong business acumen.
- Logical approach to decision making and problem solving.
- Delivering well conceived and thorough projects.
- Resilience – The ability to learn from difficult situations and provide effective solutions.
- An excellent attitude and approach to team work and inter dependant working.
- A good degree classification within the aforementioned disciplines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Brilliant interpersonal skills
- Proven skills and experience working as a team
- Full driving license
- Eligible right to work in the UK
- Industry leading salary and benefits package
- Company car
- Inclusion in company bonus scheme
- Formal salary and promotion review at 18 months of Graduate Scheme
- Excellent Pension scheme
- 25 Days Holiday
- Private Medical Care
- Bonus scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Child Care Vouchers
Crest Nicholson are a multiple NHBC Pride in the Job award winner with an outstanding industry reputation for excellence. If you feel you are ready to begin a rewarding career with one of the UK’s most celebrated developers, then please apply now.
Crest Nicholson is an equal opportunities employer.
Please apply through our website link. Applications will be shortlisted week commencing 23rd April, with interviews to take place with the relevant hiring manager and Directors from April to May.