We are hopeful that our Foodbuy Graduates will be the future leaders of Foodbuy. As part of our Foodbuy Graduate Programme you will spend time with all departments across Foodbuy UK to give you an overall view of how we all work together to drive value to Compass Group and our external clients. Our Compass client is very complex in that they provide contract catering foodservice to primary schools, businesses, healthcare organisations and prestigious venues like the O2 and national events like the Grand National.
Developing your career within Foodbuy is an opening to an exciting and rewarding career. It is your chance to join an organisation that places its people, their development and their success at the forefront of what we do.
The Two-Year Programme
If successful you will be enrolled into our two-year Graduate Development Programme starting in October 2020. Over a two year period, you will embark on a journey to become a future leader of our business while being supported by an inspiring mentor from within the business. You will be involved in supporting a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, developing collaborative working relationships with suppliers, clients, supply chain partners and internal teams. After the initial induction rotating across the teams, you will be placed in your first official role likely supporting the Category Development team. This team collaborates with stakeholders and suppliers to maximise the value of our programs. After this initial first role is concluded you will be offered a second rotation working with a team that best suits your career progression.
You will be supporting one of our many high-performing departments responsible for building category strategies, supplier relationship management, business needs engagement, contracting, ensuring safe supply chains and developing sourcing strategies and negotiations using our established Foodbuy procurement framework. This support includes:
- Carry out all activities in line with Foodbuy procurement framework (don’t worry you will be taken through the framework when you join!)
- Assess operational / financial risks of current and potential supply opportunities
- Support sourcing and category strategies that meet the business needs defined by our account management teams and clients.
- Provide and analyse insight through a variety of analytical tools to deliver cost savings opportunities
- Collaborate with supporting functions (finance, legal, supply chain, nutrition etc.) on an ongoing basis to maximise the impact of Foodbuy
- Advise on, and where appropriate, challenge requests/decisions across functions and multiple stakeholders
- Create and negotiate agreements with suppliers ensuring that proper legal principles are applied
- Be a great team player and proactively prioritise workload
- Build strong supplier relationships to enhance value across categories
- Take responsibility for your continuing professional and personal development
- Contribute to the development of the Foodbuy team
- Contribute in cross functional forums and steering groups
- Be seen as an effective representative for Foodbuy, and acting at all times in a professional manner conducive to promoting a positive Foodbuy image
- 2:1 Degree or above in any discipline
- Ability to use a wide range of Microsoft Office packages particularly Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Has an analytical insight and is able to identify and recommend commercial opportunities
- Is accountable for the results and outputs of projects
- Is committed to attaining the highest levels of commercial success individually & for the team
- Has a collaborative approach with the ability to build relationships
- Delivers excellent customer service and understands that building relationships is the basis of our business
In addition to wealth and breadth of experience and skills that you will gain across multiple aspects of Foodbuy you will be offered a competitive salary of £25,000.
Foodbuy is a world-leading procurement solutions organisation currently operating in four countries—UK, US, Canada and Australia—and growing! We are responsible for the successful execution of all procurement functions for Compass Group (our owner and largest client) in these countries as well as third party “external clients” signed on for our expertise. At Foodbuy UK we demonstrate our core values of Grow Sustainably, Recognise Expertise, Operation with Passion Excellence, Work in Partnership, Think Differently and Happy Clients across all procurement categories—food, retail brands, supplies, equipment and services. We partner with suppliers to meet the product and service needs of our clients whilst bringing them innovation and the best commercial programs.
- Various UK Locations