We aim to arm our Graduates with a wealth of knowledge and experience by providing as much exposure and opportunity as desired.
Our scheme spans across 2 years, through which our Graduates will undertake a variety of rotations, ranging from 4 weeks to 6 months in various departments of the business. This allows you to experience the whole housebuilding process from start to finish.
Rotations will include working within the following teams:
- Construction – Production roles, based on site, involved in the physical build of our Developments
- Development – Controlling & coordinating projects from land acquisition through to completion
- Customer Service – All customer interaction after units are sold, all defects, queries, complaints and feedback
- Land & Planning – Buying and securing land & planning permission, liaison with local planning authorities
- Strategic Land – Identifying, assessing and buying large areas of mixed use land & acquiring permissions
- Technical – Technically design and manage schemes from pre-construction through to completion
- Sales – Customer facing role throughout sales process, from the show home to home handover
- Marketing – Promotion of our brand and our products, public affairs, stakeholder relations & media
- Commercial – Managing and advising on the financial & contractual aspects of Construction
Our Graduates are given real responsibility in their role enabling you to take ownership of everything you do, with the support and guidance of our experienced teams.
At the end of the programme, our graduates work together with their line managers and mentor to identify the areas of the business that they have enjoyed the most and have been the most successful in. Once you have identified the area you would like to work in, we will work with the business to facilitate your promotion into your desired role.
Support & Guidance
Our structured training programme will provide you with the following:
An existing Graduate in the business that can guide you through processes, give you advice on further study and accreditations, give you an honest opinion and answer any questions that you might have. Your Buddy is always at the end of the phone and you can arrange to meet formally or informally at any time!
You are matched with a mentor that has differing strengths to encourage you to develop your own. You will normally meet with your mentor on a monthly basis, but this can be as regularly as you feel you need to! They provide you with advice based on their own experience and what they expect of Graduates that rotate through their own departments. Our mentors are senior members of the team, typically Director level, that are incredibly passionate and dedicated to the progression Graduates.
At the beginning of each new rotation, you will have allocated time with the leader of the department to identify targets and objectives for you to achieve by the end of that rotation. The department leader will confirm to you what the Graduate role within their team is but also to identify areas and projects that you can nominate yourself to be involved in for your own progression. These targets are regularly reviewed throughout your rotation to ensure you are happy and getting the exposure you want.
As you will be joining a current network of Graduates at various stages through their programme, there is a wonderful community for you to become a part of. The Graduates meet regularly and take turns to arrange and chair meetings, to discuss current industry topics, current projects within their rotations and to share knowledge. They also maintain a healthy social life and enjoy many events throughout the year together!
Qualifications and Accreditations
We encourage you to study for formal qualifications and will fully support your desire to become accredited. Most of our Graduates study for their APC throughout the duration of their programme, and we are able to fully support you to become RICS / RTPI / RIBA or ICIOB accredited. As we fully support further study, you are welcome to apply for our programme even if you have studied a non-construction degree, some of our best graduates come from wider degrees and pursue further study with us, relevant to their chosen field!
The 2020 Scheme
For our 2020 Graduates, we are offering full UK mobility, providing you with as much opportunity as you could wish to take. Although all regions within our business work towards the same goal, the strategy they follow and the communities they develop, can differ greatly. We want to open all avenues to you, to allow you to gain the experience we think you need to be successful within your career. You will be assigned a ‘home’ office location, where a number of your rotations will be completed, and when an opportunity presents itself to expose you to a new area of the business, we will relocate you for the duration of the rotation and support you with the additional accommodation costs. We want you to be the best version of you, and we will support you to achieve that!
2020 Applications – Dates for the Diary
We are currently accepting applications for our 2020 Graduate Scheme.
- Our applications are open from 7th October 2019 until 1st January 2020.
- All applicants will receive a response by 1st February 2020, if successful you will be invited to attend one of our Assessment Centres, held on various dates in March 2020.
- We will be seeking to hold final stage interviews in March / April 2020, with offers being issued by the end of April 2020.
- Our successful graduates can then enjoy their summer and prepare to commence their employment with Countryside from 5th October 2020.
So, how do I apply for the Rotational Graduate Scheme?
Simple! Just download and complete our Application form, and return it to us along with a copy of your CV. If you feel it would enhance your application, you are welcome to include a covering letter, portfolio, dissertation paper or anything else you wish to show us.