Steer Graduate Scheme
Complex questions. Powerful answers.
Infrastructure, cities and transport are constantly evolving to meet new demands, new ideas and new technologies. Mixing rigour and technical expertise with an open-minded, imaginative approach, we help our clients maximise opportunity and realise value within this rapidly changing landscape. Impartial, objective and results-focussed, we are never content simply to meet expectations. We combine our commercial, economic and planning expertise to find powerful answers to complex questions. Answers that help people, places and economies thrive.
We are always looking for gifted, motivated graduates to join our Graduate Scheme. If you are considering your future and are looking for somewhere to make a real difference, Steer has much to offer.
We are also looking for graduates to join our Steer Economic Development (Steer ED) team, our integrated economic development practice. Please do so through the main application portal and specify Steer ED in your cover letter. You would still receive the same award-winning training programme.
During our eighteen-month Graduate Scheme you will work together with our team of industry experts to address some of the most complex problems in the sectors we operate. As part of our Graduate Scheme you will receive:
- an award-winning programme that provides you with the skills needed for a career in consultancy;
- personalised development programme focusing on industry knowledge, consultancy skills, technical training, project management and core business skills;
- a range of onboarding activities, including meeting your fellow graduates, personal development planning and learn more about Steer and our culture;
- mentoring from senior members who will work with you to develop your skills; and
- ‘buddy’ support from a previous graduate who will help you settle in to life at Steer.
Don’t just take our word for it – in the last few years we have, and continue to be, recognised as a great place for graduates to develop their career:
- “Top 100 Companies for Graduates to Work For” (The Job Crowd) 2011 – 2019
Our independent company is employee-owned and as a valued employee you will have an influence on the running of Steer. So, be different from your peers and work for an organisation that you have a genuine stake in.
Steer is an equal opportunities employer.
- We are seeking high-calibre graduates with a good academic background, strong people and organisation skills and a passion for changing the world!
- Applicants must be educated to degree level (at least 2:1 or equivalent) with all subjects considered, preferably with a quantification or research element included.
Please complete the short online application form on the graduate page of our website and submit your CV and cover letter.
- Project Manager
- Financial Analysis
- Management Consulting (Strategy)
- Environmental Consultancy & Management
- Business Analyst
- Project Management
- Transport, Logistics and Distribution
- Management Graduate Scheme
- Transport Management
- Various UK Locations